- Explore the newly opened 11th-century (later finished in the 14th century) castle with an audio guide
- Climb the tall tower for spectacular coastal views and learn the history of the fortified settlement
- Enjoy the beach with its crystal clear waters just 40km from Rome
Ancient history has never looked as pretty as it does along the ancient Via Aurelia, near Rome. Step into the 14th-century Santa Severa Castle, and explore the archaeological area of Pyrgi - one of the most important and storied spots in Italy. And afterward, hit the beach! Just like the Romans would have done.
In Santa Marinella, just 40km from Rome, you'll get an amazing blend of ancient history and seaside good times. With this ticket you can walk around the remains of the ancient port of Pyrgi, and then step into newly opened Santa Severa Castle, an 11th-century (later finished in the 14th century) castle.
Make sure your visit includes the fascinating Maritime and Ancient Navigation Museum, which has shipwrecked Etruscan and Roman ships!
You'll enjoy an excellent audio guide as well, which will fill you in on the history of the area. So you'll feel you earned your relaxing post-castle swim!
- Entrance to the castle
- National Museum Antiquarium of Pyrgi
- Museo del mare e della Navigazione Antica
- Museo del Territorio
- Rocca e Museo del Castello
- Manica Lunga (temporary)
- Audio guide
- Scavi di Pyrgi
- Casa della Legnaia
- Torre Saracena
Show your smartphone voucher at the ticket office and collect your ticket and audio guide.
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
- Dec - Mar: Tue - Fri, 9:30 - 16:00; Sat - Sun, 10:30 - 17:00
- Apr - Jun: Tue - Fri, 10:00 - 19:00; Sat - Sun: 10:30 - 19:00
- Jul - Aug: Tues - Sun, 10.30 - 16.30
- Sep: Tues - Fri, 10:00 - 19:00; Sat - Sun, 10:30 - 19:00
- Oct - Nov: Tues - Fri: 9:30 - 16.00; Sat - Sun: 10:30 - 17:00
- 24 and 31 Dec: 10:30 - 14:00
The price includes the cost of the audio guide (€5) and the booking fee (€2.50).
Train from Roma Termini to Civitavecchia, get off at S. Severa stop.