- See the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel - before they open to the public!
- Visit three of the most storied and religious places in the world - in one day! Vatican Museums, Vatican Gardens, and Castel Gandolfo. You'll get an audio guide for all three!
- The papal summer residence in Castel Gandolfo has only been open to the public since 2014, and tickets are limited
This highly exclusive tour is undoubtedly the best way to make the most of the Vatican. From early morning (before opening time) access to the Vatican Museums, all the way through to touring the once-private Gardens of the Pontifical Villas in Castel Gandolfo. This is a very special (and limited) opportunity.
As an official partner of the Vatican, Tiqets has these exclusive tickets to get you exclusive access.
Start your special Saturday with a semi-private early morning visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, followed by an audio-guided walking tour of the Vatican Gardens.
Afterward, you'll depart from the Vatican Train Station (!) and take a train ride through the Italian countryside to Castel Gandolfo, a lakeside town that looks right out of a fairy-tale. It's also where the pope's summer residence is.
Then hop on a shuttle to the Pontifical Villas. If you were impressed with the size of the Vatican Gardens, wait until you see the pope's 'summer house'. You'll get an audio-guided bus tour of the gardens, plus free time to walk, eat, and shop in this exclusive area.
Opt for the authentic Italian lunch and get an appetizer, main course and dessert (with soft drinks included). The grand finale is the Apostolic Palace - you'll get into the pope's home-away-from-home, designed by legendary architect Carlo Maderno.
At the end of the day, you'll get a train back to Rome, where it will all begin to feel like a dream.
Appetizers: alcohol-free aperol; mixed fried finger food (Ascoli olives, mini supplì, potatoes croquettes); selection of cheese from local farms; selection of cold meat cuts; porchetta DOP (traditional pork roast); mix of three seasonal vegetables; selection of bruschettas
Main course (chosen by the chef): amatriciana; orecchiette with arugula and cherry tomato pesto; strozzapreti with zucchini, pork cheek (guanciale) and roman mint; fusilli with gricia sauce (pork cheek and Pecorino cheese) and artichoke; saffron risotto with porcini mushrooms; chicory risotto with speck; ragù lasagna; ricotta cheese and spinach crepes with cherry tomatoes and provolone cheese; cacio e pepe spaghetti (sauce made of cheese and black pepper); carbonara rigatoni
Dessert: seasonal fruit salad; selection of traditional sweets
Drinks: mineral water; red or white wine from the Castelli Romani region
Skip the lengthy lines by showing your smartphone ticket to the Vatican guards at the entrance (CASSA ONLINE E GRUPPI) of the Vatican Museums on Viale Vaticano.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- 07:15/08:00: Tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel + audio guide
- 10:00: Tour of the Vatican Gardens + audio guide
- 11:00: Train from the Vatican station to Castel Gandolfo and transfer to the Pontifical Villas by shuttle
- 12:30: Visit to the Apostolic Palace
- 13:30: Tour of the Gardens of the Pontifical Villas by eco-friendly bus + audio guide
- 14:30: End of the tour and exit from the Gardens of the Pontifical Villas
- Lunch (if selected) and free time
- 17:10: Meeting at Castel Gandolfo's train station
- 17:24: Departure from Castel Gandolfo
- 18:39: Arrival at St. Peter’s Station (Rome)
This is, quite simply, the best way to see the Vatican. There's nothing like getting into the Sistine Chapel before the crowds arrive. It's an early wake-up, but sooooo worth it!