- Get special insights into the history and traditions of the papacy before the papal audience begins
- Experience a stress-free process – reserving and picking up the tickets is all taken care of for you
- Arrive early and get a good spot to see the pope as he greets the crowd – a once-in-a-lifetime experience
When in Rome... make it your mission to see the pope himself. Join this special tour for early access to the papal audience ceremony, and witness the pope in action! It's not every day you get to see such a figure of importance up close.
Although papal audience tickets are free, organizing it all yourself can take precious time out of your trip to Rome.
Cut out the hassle by joining this small group. You'll have plenty of time to secure a good place to watch the pope make his way to the stage.
You'll be wearing headsets en route to St. Peter's Square, so you can always hear your guide over the crowds. Once in position for the pope's arrival, you'll get an in-depth insight into the papacy and the traditional papal audience ceremony.
This weekly gathering includes prayers, blessings and a homily, and it's usually just a nice way for the pope to interact with the general public. Will you be one of the chosen few he talks to?
With crowds getting up to 10,000 people strong for the ceremony, there's excitement in the air whatever happens!
- Show your smartphone ticket at the meeting point in Piazza Pio XII, facing St. Peters Basilica on the left hand side, at the corner, next to the newspaper stand
- The City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time at 07:45
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Arriving from Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani Metro A Station: Exit the turnstiles and take the St. Peter's Basilica exit. Once you exit the metro station walk down Via Ottaviano until you reach Piazza Risorgimento. Continue walking straight across the piazza and you will see the Vatican walls. Follow Via di Porta Angelica until you arrive at the colonnade. Follow the colonnade to the left, at the end of the colonnade you will see a large Piazza on the left and a main street (Via della Conciliazione). Facing this street with the Basilica at your back, our meeting point is located to the right side of Via della Conciliazione at the corner, next to the newspaper stand
- GPS coordinates of the meeting point: 41.902005,12.459169
St. Peter's Basilica: Self-Guided Tour + Dedicated Entrance
Priceless artworks in Christianity's most iconic shrine
St Peter's Basilica + Necropolis
Explore St Peter's Basilica and venture into its sacred necropolis
St. Peter's Basilica & Dome Climb: English Guided Tour
Enjoy a guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica and gaze over Rome from the dome