Tickets for Palazzo Venezia
Applied arts and papal history combine in this iconic Italian palace
- Explore a magnificent palace that's been handed down through Italian nobility and the Catholic church
- Discover a gigantic collection of applied arts that covers thousands of years of history across 28 rooms
- Escape the bustle of Rome in the peaceful walled garden and take in the great views from the top floors
The Palazzo Venezia has an unrivaled collection of applied arts dating from the early Christian period right up to the Renaissance. It's also a palace (and one-time home of the popes!) so expect lavish decoration and stunning Catholic design amid the countless paintings, tapestries, sculptures, ceramics, jewelry and more. It's an art history lover's dream.
Before it was the palazzo we know and love, this grand building was used as a home for the cardinals appointed to the church of San Marco. Several expansions later, Pope Pius IV gave it over to the Venetian embassy in 1654 as a gesture of goodwill.
Now, the 'Palace of Venice' is one of the greatest museums in the Italian capital, with a collection of art spanning thousands of years. The main hall features sculptures salvaged from the original construction, and the following rooms take you on a tour through the history of Italian art, from ancient effigies to the impossibly detailed frescoes of the Renaissance.
Naturally, you'll also get to enjoy the building itself, and admire a stunning design that's endured some of the most tumultuous periods in Italian history. It also has a charming walled garden, and excellent views of the Piazza Venezia and beyond.
- Entrance ticket to Palazzo Venezia
- Guided tours of the Palazzo Venezia
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line B to Colosseum (plus 15 minutes walking)
- Bus: 30, 46, 62, 64, 70, 81, 87, 130F, 190F, 492, 628, 916, or 916F to Plebiscito