- See the prison which was once home to vanquished emperors and kings, and Saints Peter and Paul
- Get a comprehensive video tour explaining the amazing history of the Forum's 'basement'
- Access the Colosseum via a special entrance and explore the Roman Forum at your leisure
Plug into your video tour of the Mamertine Prison, in the somewhat creepy basement of the church of San Pietro in Carcere. Learn about the prisoners who served time here, including Saints Peter and Paul, then access the Colosseum via a special, sneaky entrance!
Prisoners at the Mamertine Prison, also known as the Tullianum, were once lowered into the cell through a hole in the ceiling, but luckily you get to use the stairs.
Grab your video guide and explore what is essentially the basement of the church of San Pietro in Carcere, a prison that housed vanquished kings, wrong-doers, and even Saints Peter and Paul.
It's small, it's dark, it's cramped, but it's one of the most atmospheric parts of the Forum! You'll even see the bars that St. Peter was allegedly chained to, and the pool of water he used to baptize visitors.
When you've soaked up this special part of history, make your way into the architectural triumph that is the Colosseum via a special, speedy entrance and explore it and the Roman Forum at your own pace.
- Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the ticket office of the Mamertine Prison at least 10 minutes before your chosen timeslot. Your ticket to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill will be given to you then
- The timeslot you’ll receive for the Colosseum will be at least 90 minutes after your timeslot for the Mamertine Prison
- The ticket for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill is valid for two consecutive days, one entrance per site
- The Colosseum is a 15-minute walk away from the Mamertine Prison
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Colosseum: Skip The Line + Arena Floor Access & Roman Forum
Get the only ticket that gives you access to the Colosseum arena floor
Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill: Last Minute Tickets
Priority entrance to three Roman wonders – it's one unforgettable day!
Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill + Colosseum Video Guide
The best way to immerse yourself in the incredible history of Ancient Rome
Colosseum Underground: Night Tour
A unique chance to see Rome's greatest architectural attraction at night!
Colosseum Underground: Guided Tour
Discover the stunning subterranean secrets of this world-famous amphitheater
Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Tour in English & Spanish
Skip the line with an immersive journey through the heart of ancient Rome
Colosseum Underground: Night Tour + Skip The Line
Enjoy an atmospheric twilight odyssey of Rome, without the daytime tourists