Tickets for MACRO Testaccio - Museum of Contemporary Art
International and contemporary art in a former slaughterhouse
- Witness Italian and international contemporary art in a former 19th century slaughterhouse
- Take some pics of the slaughterhouse itself - one of Rome's most important industrial buildings!
- See The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains (January 19 onwards) and see rare objects collected throughout the iconic band's reign over the music scene
Enter a former slaughterhouse and witness impressive Italian and contemporary art at MACRO Testaccio. This huge Museum of Contemporary Art offers regular changing exhibitions in an industrial setting, all in the hip and happening Testaccio district.
There are two MACRO museums, both packed with great Italian and international contemporary art. One museum is in a former brewery in Via Nizza, and one is in a former 19th-century slaughterhouse in the vibrant Testaccio.
Testaccio is a traditional working-class neighborhood that over the years has become the go-to place for art, Italian culture and food.
The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains (19 January - 1 June 2018)
Take an audiovisual journey through five decades of rock! Using artifacts, music and special effects and set design (just like the band themselves), this exhibition will take you to the Dark Side of the Moon. British newspapers call it "almost as exciting as listening to Pink Floyd live" and fans will love this rare, exclusive glimpse into the group that changed the face of music forever.
- Entrance to the MACRO Testaccio
- Entrance to the MACRO on Via Nizza
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Bus: Line 170 from Termini to Agricola, get off at Largo Orazi. From there, it's a 500-meter walk.
Testaccio is a great place to get a break from 'touristy' Rome and soak up some local life. Also, nearby Pizzeria Remo does some of the best pizzas in the city!