Tickets for Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini: Fast Track
Travel through time as you explore these digitally enhanced Roman ruins
- Visit an incredible site of ancient Roman history, 7 meters beneath the magnificent Palazzo Valentini in central Rome
- Explore the restored ruins of luxurious houses that would have belonged to Roman nobility, as well as a bathing complex
- See history come to life, with a 'virtual tour' which uses digital projections and special reconstructions to show you the world of the Romans like never before!
Ever wanted to visit Ancient Rome? With this special Augmented Reality (AR) tour of the magnificent Domus Romane, you can travel through thousands of years of history in an instant, and discover what it was really like in the third century. Incredible visuals and live projections bring the remains of these Roman buildings to life.
If you think learning about history is boring, this cutting-edge 'virtual tour' will transport you back in time – so you can experience Roman life first-hand.
The Domus Romane was discovered seven meters beneath the foundations of the 16th-century Palazzo Valentini, with excavations revealing the remains of several Roman houses and a bath complex. An expert team of art historians, archaeologists, and architects worked together to research and restore the ruins for public display.
Inside the 'Domus' you'll see the original mosaics, wall decorations, paving blocks, and other remains – and then see them brought to life with virtual reconstructions, computer graphics and live action films. Combining ancient history and futuristic technology, it's an unforgettable journey into the past!
- Entrance to the Domus
- Virtual tour in English with videos and holograms
- Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the ticket office
- Please make sure you arrive at the venue at least 15 minutes before the starting time
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Bus: Lines 40, 64 or 70 to Piazza Venezia + a 2-minute walk
- Bus: Lines 51, 85 or 87 to Fori Imperiali / Campidoglio + a 2-minute walk