- Step into the largest imperial residence ever, and the result of Emperor Nero's mad imagination
- Learn about the crazy history surrounding the site, and the excavations taking place today
- See the remains of former luxuries including intricate frescos, marble walls, and underground lakes
Enter the Domus Aurea, or Golden House, designed purely for pleasure by Emperor Nero, a man famous for jaw-dropping acts of self-indulgence. Learn the history of what must have been one of the most aesthetically overwhelming buildings ever created, once home to luxuries like mosaics, marble furnishings, and even a rotating dining room!
In the 15th century, one unsuspecting man slipped through a crack in the hillside and fell into a secret underground chamber. Generally, this would be a bad thing. Luckily for him though, he wound up in the deranged Emperor Nero's resplendent home, hidden underground for centuries. Who knew if anyone would have found it otherwise?!
Before long, local artists and prominent European figures like Michelangelo, Casanova, and the Marquis de Sade followed, until the intricate frescoes, ceilings and vaults were no longer such a secret.
Now an active archeological site, you'll still get a taste for what this place once looked like when you enter with your guide. Sniff around and find out what happened within these very walls!
In its heyday you would have seen ivory walls, fine marble fittings, ceilings plastered with intricate mosaics, and artificial lakes. There was even a revolving dining room that blessed guests with drops of perfume and rose petals!
- Skip-the-line entrance to Domus Aurea
- 60-minute English didactic guided tour with Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headsets
- Welcome and assistance at the meeting point by Tiqets staff
- Meet your Tiqets representative, who will be wearing a Tiqets top or holding a Tiqets flag, in front of Domus Aurea and show them your smartphone ticket
- Meeting point is in front of the entrance to the Colle Oppio park, at the corner between Via Nicola Salvi and Via Labicana
- The Domus Aurea is located inside the Colle Oppio park, entrance from Via Labicana
- Make sure to be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before your booked timeslot!
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
que d'émotion dans cette maison doré !
un must see de rome