Tickets for Colosseum Underground Guided Tour
Discover the stunning subterranean secrets of this world-famous amphitheater
- Get underground and see the inner workings of the Colosseum on a tour that takes you into areas normally off-limits to the public
- See the dungeons where gladiators and exotic wild animals psyched themselves up before entering the arena, and admire the 2000-year-old engineering which hoisted combatants into the arena
- Admire the views from the second floor and follow your expert guide for an in-depth tour of the Colosseum
Sure, you might think you know the Colosseum, but there's a lot more to this iconic arena than what's normally seen by the public. This exclusive tour takes you deep underground for a 'behind-the-scenes' look into the Colosseum's inner workings before checking out the second floor and exploring the arena proper – it's a savagely good time.
Built in 72-80 C.E., Rome's Colosseum is still a marvel of architecture and engineering some two thousand years later.
Of course, it's most famous for the blood-soaked bouts of combat that took place on its sandy floor, but there was some real technical wizardry going on underground that made all the carnage possible.
You'll get to see the remnants of ingenious pulley and winch systems that hoisted gladiators, wild animals, and other combatants into the arena. You can even stand in the dungeons where gladiators were held before being thrust into the action.
Back topside, you'll get to enjoy the views from the second floor, before your knowledgeable guide helps you uncover more Roman secrets with a full tour of the Colosseum.
"Are you not entertained?" By the end of this, you'll be informed, inspired and entertained.
- English guided tour of the Colosseum, Underground, Arena, and the 2nd floor of the Colosseum
- Digital map of the Colosseum
- Access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill (entrance only)
- Tiqets Assistance
- Access to the 4th and 5th floors of the Colosseum
- Audio guide
- Show your smartphone ticket to the Tiqets representative, who'll be wearing a Tiqets top or holding a Tiqets flag, at the meeting point, the STERN entrance. Make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before your booked timeslot
- Meeting Point: At the metro station Colosseo, facing the Colosseum, walk almost halfway around the Colosseum towards the left until you reach the Toilet (WC). The STERN entrance is below street level
- After your Colosseum visit, the Tiqets representative will guide you to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line B to Colosseo
- Bus: Lines 75, 81, 673, 175, or 204
- Tram: Line 3
Instructions were simple and easy to follow.
The audio tour provided was of a high standard full of details and she answered Q+A’s put to her.
Skipped the queue.
Take the Reps advice about the second entrance to the Roman Forum.