Tickets for Colosseum Underground Guided Tour
Discover the stunning subterranean secrets of this world-famous amphitheater
- Get underground and see the inner workings of the Colosseum on a tour that takes you into areas normally off-limits to the public
- See the dungeons where gladiators and exotic wild animals psyched themselves up before entering the arena, and admire the 2000-year-old engineering which hoisted combatants into the arena
- Admire the views from the second floor and follow your expert guide for an in-depth tour of the Colosseum
Sure, you might think you know the Colosseum, but there's a lot more to this iconic arena than what's normally seen by the public. This exclusive tour takes you deep underground for a 'behind-the-scenes' look into the Colosseum's inner workings before checking out the second floor and exploring the arena proper – it's a savagely good time.
Built in 72-80 C.E., Rome's Colosseum is still a marvel of architecture and engineering some two thousand years later.
Of course, it's most famous for the blood-soaked bouts of combat that took place on its sandy floor, but there was some real technical wizardry going on underground that made all the carnage possible.
You'll get to see the remnants of ingenious pulley and winch systems that hoisted gladiators, wild animals, and other combatants into the arena. You can even stand in the dungeons where gladiators were held before being thrust into the action.
Back topside, you'll get to enjoy the views from the second floor, before your knowledgeable guide helps you uncover more Roman secrets with a full tour of the Colosseum.
"Are you not entertained?" By the end of this, you'll be informed, inspired and entertained.
- English guided tour of the Colosseum, Underground, Arena, and the 2nd floor of the Colosseum
- Digital map of the Colosseum
- Access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill (entrance only)
- Tiqets Assistance
- Access to the 4th and 5th floors of the Colosseum
- Audio guide
- Show your smartphone ticket to our representative at the meeting point, which is behind the green newsstand outside the Colosseo metro exit (line B, blue line)
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before your booked timeslot!
- The representative will be holding a Tiqets flag. If you can't find them, please call +39 389 8251127
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line B to Colosseo
- Bus: Lines 75, 81, 673, 175, or 204
- Tram: Line 3
On peut alors voir la reproduction grandeur nature d'une des trappes et de l'ascenseur qui montait sur la piste les animaux sauvages et les gladiateurs qui surgissaient des caves. Les explications étaient bonnes et l'anglais du guide très bon et d'une bonne prononciation.