- Skip the long lines by using the special group entrance, the fastest way into the Colosseum. Follow the instructions on your voucher to meet your multilingual host, who will ensure a smooth entrance into this wonderful piece of history, PLUS the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill
- Roam the ancient halls of an iconic 2,000-year-old building and savor one of the most incredible architectural feats of the ancient world
- Imagine yourself in the positions of people from all classes. From the imperiled gladiator, to the humble slave who had to sit at the very top of the building, or the emperor with the best seat of all
Behold the mighty Colosseum! A building that looms large not just in Rome but in the minds of people everywhere. It’s truly one of history’s most iconic buildings. Of course, with such prestige come hordes of tourists, but this skip the line ticket lets you bypass the plebs, like a modern day Roman dignitary! Plus - with this ticket - you have the option to visit the Colosseum for an hour and then get into the Roman Forum.
Let’s begin at the beginning. Emperors Vespasian and Titus built it from 72-80 C.E. Of course, they didn’t physically build it themselves, they just ordered thousands of slaves to do so. The Colosseum functioned primarily as an amphitheater where Romans of all classes could come and be entertained by games of a rather bloody nature.
Gladiators would be pitted against lions, or you could watch a good old-fashioned hunt or even an execution. It occasionally hosted events of a more elevated nature, such as a munera when a private family would rent it so that they could hold a private religious ceremony and show off their power and influence.
Over the centuries the Colosseum has been picked apart by scavengers and ravaged by earthquakes and time, but with 80 entrances, a complicated system of slave-operated hoists under the floor, ramps and trapdoors allowing for beasts, men, and scenery to be raised into the arena, it's still mighty impressive.
Up to 80,000 people would cram into it in its heyday, but now the local authorities limit it to a still-considerable 3,000. The lines are legendary, so this ticket offers you the perfect way to eliminate all the hassle associated with seeing such an icon of world history. Just make sure to follow the instructions on your voucher carefully and your entrance will be as smooth as possible.
You’ll meet a multilingual representative 25 minutes before your chosen timeslot (which is also stated on your ticket). Feel free to ask them any questions related to the tour.
Step inside these ancient wonders and feel like an emperor as you survey this monumental hunk of history.
NOTE: This venue has free entrance every first Sunday of the month. This is often the busiest time to visit, but on this day no ticket is required.
- Skip the line access to the Colosseum
- Colosseum map with fun and informative facts
- Speedy security check through special group entrance
- Skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill (optional and depending on availability)
- Skip the security line
How to use your tickets
- Show your mobile ticket to our representative at the meeting point, which is behind the green newsstand outside the Colosseo metro exit (line B/blue line)
- Make sure to bring a valid ID (like your passport)
- This ticket allows you to skip the general admission lines - which can be two hours or more - but some waiting to enter the Colosseum is to be expected, due to security checks
- Please be there 15 minutes prior to your timeslot. Late arrivals can't be accommodated and missed tickets can't be refunded
If you choose to use this ticket to also visit the Roman Forum, tell your representative when you arrive at the meeting point. You'll have one hour to visit the Colosseum, and then be escorted to the Forum entrance.
The guide took us straight through, no lining up required! We did go during the down time of December though, so it was not really necessary to skip the short line.