- Skip the long lines by using the special group entrance, the fastest way into the Colosseum. Follow the instructions on your voucher to meet your multi-lingual host, who will ensure a smooth entrance into this wonderful piece of history, PLUS the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill
- Roam the ancient halls of an iconic 2,000-year-old building and savor one of the most incredible architectural feats of the ancient world
- Imagine yourself in the positions of people from all classes. From the imperiled gladiator, to the humble slave who had to sit at the very top of the building, or the emperor with the best seat of all
Behold the mighty Colosseum! A building that looms large not just in Rome but in the minds of people everywhere. It’s truly one of history’s most iconic buildings. Of course, with such prestige come vast hordes of tourists, but with this Fast Track ticket you can leave the plebs far behind!
Let’s begin at the beginning. Emperors Vespasian and Titus built it from 72-80 C.E. Of course, they didn’t physically build it themselves, they just ordered thousands of slaves to do so. The Colosseum functioned primarily as an amphitheater where Romans of all classes could come and be entertained by games of a rather bloody nature.
Gladiators would be pitted against lions, or you could watch a good old-fashioned hunt or even an execution. It occasionally hosted events of a more elevated nature, such as a munera when a private family would rent it so that they could hold a private religious ceremony and show off their power and influence.
Over the centuries the Colosseum has been picked apart by scavengers and ravaged by earthquakes and time, but with 80 entrances, a complicated system of slave-operated hoists under the floor, ramps and trapdoors allowing for beasts, men, and scenery to be raised into the arena, it's still mighty impressive.
Up to 80,000 people would cram into it in its heyday, but now the local authorities limit it to a still-considerable 3,000. The lines are legendary, so this ticket offers you the perfect way to eliminate all the hassle associated with seeing such an icon of world history. Just make sure to follow the instructions on your voucher carefully and your entrance will be as smooth as possible.
You’ll meet a multilingual representative 25 minutes before your chosen timeslot (which is also stated on your ticket). Feel free to ask them any questions related to the tour.
Step inside these ancient wonders and feel like an emperor as you survey this monumental hunk of history.
NOTE: This venue has free entrance every first Sunday of the month. This is often the busiest time to visit, but on this day no ticket is required.
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum
- Colosseum map with fun and informative facts
- Speedy security check through special group entrance
- Skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill (optional and depending on availability)
How to use your tickets
- Show your mobile ticket to our representative at the meeting point (see picture), which is behind the green newsstand outside the Colosseo metro exit (line B/blue line)
- Make sure to bring a valid ID (like your passport)
- This ticket allows you to skip the general admission lines - which can be two hours or more - but some waiting to enter the Colosseum is to be expected, due to security checks
- Please be there 15 minutes prior to your timeslot. Late arrivals can't be accommodated and missed tickets can't be refunded
Nice personal and good information, could not be better
We wait too much in line to enter and for the toilet
Great value for money!
A very professional experience. We were met at the allocated meeting spot by friendly staff members. Skipping the lines meant we could enjoy more of the sights of Rome. Would highly recommend using Tiqets - very professional!
Everything was well organised. Very polite staff. Well done!
i wish we would have had a guided tour to explain the history!
The Tiqets staff were great. Really helpful and informative. The lines were really line, very glad that I booked with Tiqets.