- Roam the ruins of the ancient Colosseum, one of the most famous buildings in the world and an enduring symbol of the Eternal City
- Tickets include access to the Roman Forum - the hub of the ancient city - and the Palatine Hill - the city's most sought-after real estate in the time of the emperors
- Skip the long and winding lines and discover the secrets of this 2,000-year-old amphitheater
Behold the mighty Colosseum! A building that looms large not just in Rome but in the minds of people everywhere. It’s truly one of history’s most iconic buildings. Of course, with such prestige come hordes of tourists, but this priority entrance ticket lets you bypass the plebs, like a modern day Roman dignitary! Plus - with this ticket - you have the option to visit the Colosseum for an hour and then get into the Roman Forum.
Let's begin at the beginning. Emperors Vespasian and Titus built it from 72-80 C.E. Of course, they didn’t physically build it themselves, they just ordered thousands of slaves to do so. The Colosseum functioned primarily as an amphitheater where Romans of all classes could come and be entertained by games of a rather bloody nature.
Gladiators would be pitted against lions, or you could watch a good old-fashioned hunt or even an execution. It occasionally hosted events of a more elevated nature, such as a munera, when a private family would rent it so that they could hold a private religious ceremony and show off their power and influence.
Over the centuries the Colosseum has been picked apart by scavengers and ravaged by earthquakes and time, but with 80 entrances, a complicated system of slave-operated hoists under the floor, ramps and trapdoors allowing for beasts, men, and scenery to be raised into the arena, it's still mighty impressive.
Up to 80,000 people would cram into it in its heyday, but now the local authorities limit it to a still-considerable 3,000. The lines are legendary, so this ticket offers you the perfect way to eliminate all the hassle associated with seeing such an icon of world history. Just make sure to follow the instructions on your voucher carefully and your entrance will be as smooth as possible.
Step inside these ancient wonders and feel like an emperor as you survey this monumental hunk of history.
- Go to the 'Individual Entrance Gate' at the Colosseum 30 minutes before your booked timeslot
- Take the line for 'Visitors with Reservations' at the time booked
- Scan your smartphone ticket at the turnstile and enjoy your visit
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Metro: Line B to Colosseo
- Bus: Lines 75, 81, 673, 175, or 204
- Tram: Line 3
- Disabled visitors and their carer get in free. Please ask directly at the venue
Colosseum: Skip The Line + Arena Floor Access & Roman Forum
Get the only ticket that gives you access to the Colosseum arena floor
Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill: Last Minute Tickets
Priority entrance to three Roman wonders - it's one unforgettable day!
Colosseum Underground: Night Tour
A unique chance to see Rome's greatest architectural attraction at night!
Colosseum Underground: Guided Tour
Discover the stunning subterranean secrets of this world-famous amphitheater
Mamertine Prison + Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Explore the ancient Prison of St Peter, The Colosseum & Roman Forum
Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Tour in English & Spanish
Skip the line with an immersive journey through the heart of ancient Rome
Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Tour in German, French or Russian
Skip the line with a guided tour of ancient Rome in German, French or Russian
Colosseum, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill: Guided Tour
A history-packed tour of ancient Rome, including a guided tour of the Colosseum
Facile à booker, ça nous a sauvé plusieurs heures d’attente. Par contre, très difficile de savoir où prendre la file.