Tickets for Centrale Montemartini
Industrial treasures in a former thermoelectric power station!
- See sculptures and industrial installations, some 2000 years old!
- Visit one of Rome's most unique museums in a former power station!
- Walk around amazing Greek statues in a relatively tourist-free zone
Centrale Montemartini happens to be one of the coolest locations in Rome, and a surprisingly captivating museum. Check out ancient Greek statues against the backdrop of early 20th-century machinery, all in a former thermoelectric power station!
Walk around industrial archeology, with a few Greek statues thrown in for good measure. See the links between new machines and working items from the 1900s in a mix of statues, turbines, mosaics, and other items collected from around Rome and beyond.
Centrale Montemartini is an unusual museum full of classic pieces. Its location in an old power plant makes for a quirky juxtaposition of the ancient and the modern. Better still: tourists are few and far between!
- Entrance ticket
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Tuesday - Sunday: 9:00 - 19:00
- 24 and 31 December: 09:00 - 14:00
- Closed on Mondays and on the first Sunday of every month
Metro: Line B to Garbatella. From there it's a 10-minute walk to the museum.