- Take a break from the traditional Rome sightseeing highlights and explore one of Europe's most impressive zoological bioparks
- See an incredible array of exotic wildlife, from grizzly bears to tiny frogs, as well as leopards, tigers, pythons, cheeky monkeys, great apes, and even a Komodo dragon or two
- Learn about the impact of human actions on the environment, as well as the conservation efforts that help sustain endangered habitats around the world - and how you can contribute
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. In this case, that means visiting one of Europe's best animal-based attractions! It's easy to find ancient architectural marvels and renaissance art in the city, but if you're looking for something a little more kid-friendly, look no further than Bioparco: The Zoo of Rome. It's been wowing visitors since 1911!
Bioparco is not just a zoo - as the name suggests, it's a zoological biopark, meaning a massive amount of the park's resources are poured into conservation, educational programs, and animal-friendly enclosures that provide an enriched quality of life for its 1,200-strong family of wildlife from around 200 different species of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians!
Meet creatures big and small from every continent around the globe, located in lush botanical surroundings that evoke an exotic atmosphere. Learn about the dangers facing their habitats and food chain, and how you can help save these beautiful animals from extinction.
Along the way you'll meet hippos, giraffes, tigers, bears, leopards, snakes, birds, monkeys, and so much more. It's a city of fearsome beasts and cuddly critters that will remind you of the world's amazing biodiversity - and our responsibility as caretakers of the environment.
Kids will appreciate the break from all the Roman art and architecture, and animal lovers will be left breathless by the amazing menagerie of rare beautiful creatures.
- Skip-the-line access to Bioparco
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Reptile house visit, on Saturdays from 14:45 to 15:15
- Meeting the animals with the zoological staff, on Sundays at different hours
- Feeding Sofia, the Asian elephant, on Sundays at 12:00
- Feeding the macaques, lemurs, leopards, chimpanzees, hippos, wolves, and seals, on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays at different times
- Please note that these activities are included in your ticket, but must be booked at the reservation desk at the entrance
- Check at the info desk for exact times