- Put on the Samsung Gear VR and enter a 3D world of whales - you can even swim with them!
- Listen to the songs and sounds of the most talkative animals on the planet with special headphones
- See 23 manmade life-size models of whales including a 25m-long blue whale and a full-size sperm whale
Ever wondered what a whale feels like, or why they sing their special songs? Learn all there is to know about the world of Iceland's whales at Whales of Iceland. Hear their haunting calls, go on a 3D journey into their waters, and even touch some of the models. It's an underwater eye-opener.
Dive into a world of wonder at Whales of Iceland - the home of Iceland's biggest and most graceful creatures. Interactive information stands and videos, plus ambient underwater lighting put you right in their unique universe!
Put the 3D glasses on and go for a (simulated) swim. Plug into the sounds of their haunting songs, and see 23 manmade, life-size models of the varying species found swimming in Icelandic waters. They're huuuuuuuuuge.
See a 25m-long blue whale, a full-size sperm whale, an endangered North Atlantic right whale and more. Lots of the models are hand-painted, and many are squishy and fun for kids to touch.
We won't say 'you'll have a whale of a time', but you definitely will.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- About 15 minutes' walking from Reykjavík city center
- Bus line 14 to Grunnslóð
- Free parking is available at the museum