Tickets for The Volcano House
Hey magma lovers: discover the explosive power of Iceland's natural phenomenon!
- Learn all about the incredible power of volcanos and discover the unique geology of Iceland in this fascinating visitor experience
- Watch award-winning documentaries in the special cinema room, focusing on the notorious 1973 Westman Islands and 2010 Eyjafjallajökull blasts
- Browse an extensive collection of lava, pumice, ash and semi-precious stones from eruptions all over the world – it's totally hands-on!
Reykjavik's Volcano House shows what life is like in one of the world's most active volcanic landscapes. See two award-winning films in the custom-built cinema, then check out the extensive collection of volcanic materials, including rock and ash samples from some of the most famous eruptions in history – it's a blast!
Volcanos are a part of daily life in Iceland. After all, there are more than 200 across the country, and eruptions take place as frequently as every 4-5 years.
The Volcano House explores the earth-shaking power of these natural behemoths and shows how cultures have adapted to live with them. In the cinema room, you can enjoy an hour of Emmy-winning documentaries, focusing on two of the most impactful eruptions the world has ever seen, 1973's Westman Islands surprise explosion, and 2010's ash-spewing Eyjafjallajökull, which grounded every flight in Europe.
Get hands-on with artifacts from historical eruptions, see and hold hardened lava, pumice, ash and precious stones, including some of the 'freshest' lava on the planet, taken from the 2015 Bárðarbunga blast.
The boutique gift shop even features souvenirs made from volcanic ingredients – lava-infused soap, anyone?
- Entrance to the Volcano House
- Viewing of the Documentary Show
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.