- Take a quick 15-minute boat ride from the coast of Reykjavik to Akurey and get up close to a colony of 30,000 puffins
- Feel like you're in your own private nature documentary as an expert guide narrates the experience with amazing facts about puffins and their habitat
- After arriving at the island, the boat's engine will be turned off to avoid disturbing the birds while they nest – letting you see the birds in their natural environment
The clowns of the sea, the penguins of the skies – puffins are downright adorable whatever you like to call them! Take a quick 15-minute boat ride from Reykjavik to Akurey, the puffin island, and get up close to a colony of 30,000 friendly little seabirds. A local guide will fill your head with amazing facts throughout the entire bird-watching expedition. Did you know that puffins can fly at an impressive 88km/hour? Their waddle is a little bit slower, but it's also a whole lot cuter!
- 1-hour puffin watching boat tour
- English-speaking expert guide
- Show your smartphone ticket to the staff at the Special Tours office
- Please check in at least 20 minutes prior to departure
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.