- Witness the incredible northern lights by boat, just 10-15 minutes outside of Reykjavik
- Your expert guide will tell you all about the aurora borealis as you sail to a perfect viewing location
- Enjoy the use of free warm overalls, plus a comfy warm indoor lounge and bar on the boat
Leave the lights of Reykjavík behind you as you sail with your trusty captain into the black, in search of the dazzling aurora borealis. Enjoy hot drinks, live facts and stories and (hopefully) nature's spectacular northern light show! A unique must-do experience in Iceland.
Cruise away from the city lights into the starry night, to a perfect place for the northern lights to shine!
You'll be snug in a warm indoor seating area wearing free warm overalls. Is that waffles you can smell? You bet! They make them on board for you to buy from the bar, along with hot cocoa, coffee and tea. There's space outside on the deck to enjoy some serious stargazing with your snacks.
Learn the scientific facts about this natural phenomenon from an expert guide. Listen to the stories of people who've grown up with the northern lights, and get all your questions answered as the lights blaze above you - a real "wow" moment!
If those unpredictable Icelandic skies mean your boat tour is cancelled on your selected date, don't worry. This is a northern lights tour with a backup plan! Not only will your tour be re-scheduled for free, you'll get a guided tour of the Whales of Iceland exhibition, as well as a free viewing of a 25-minute film about the northern lights featuring fascinating facts and stories.
- Guided boat tour
- Warm overalls (children's sizes available)
- WiFi on board
- Northern lights video
- Guided tour of the Whales of Iceland exhibition with a drink (only if the boat tour is cancelled on your selected date)
- Complimentary ticket for Northern Lights by Boat (only if the boat tour is cancelled on your selected date)
- Food & drinks (warm waffles are made on board and are available to purchase at the bar, as well as hot cocoa, coffee and tea)
- Show your digital voucher at the Special Tours Ticket Office
- Please arrive 30 minutes before departure time
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Not so great with the camera? The friendly staff on the boat will be happy to help you adjust the settings so you can get the best possible photos of the northern lights!