- Ride across Iceland's mesmerizing volcanic landscape on the back of an Icelandic horse
- Walk, trot, tolt, and canter through sprawling lava fields and undulating glacial plains
- Learn about the local ecosystem from your friendly guide and riding instructor
Thinking about touring Iceland's lava fields? Pony up and enjoy the sublime natural splendor properly — on a horse, of course! Experience the unbridled joy of cantering cross-country on a trusty steed, while an expert riding instructor guides you through volcanic landscapes and windswept valleys.
Learn about the local flora and fauna, as well as the Icelandic horses themselves, and their famous ambling gait known as the tolt. It's basically a dry-land doggy-paddle, and it's as cute as it sounds.
You don't hear of many people returning from Iceland complaining about the lack of scenic beauty on offer. With vast volcanic panoramas, dramatic coastlines, and vast glacial plains, being outside in Iceland can be a spellbinding experience.
You could take a bus tour and stare at the scenery through a window. But if you're more the full-experience type, grab the reins of an Icelandic horse, and trot smugly past the tour bus with your hair blowing freely in the Nordic breeze.
Each horse is assigned based on your experience level, and the pace and route of your tour will take this into account as well. So whether you're new to horseback riding or won rosettes at the Grand National, the tour will be a thrilling adventure you'll never forget.
- 1.5-hour horseback ride through the lava fields of Hafnarfjörður near Reykjavík on Icelandic horses in a small group with a professional guide
- Transfer from Reykjavík to the stables and back (ticket option Transport + Horseback Riding only)
- Riding helmet
- Rubber boots
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate after the ride
If you booked the horseback riding including transport:
- The starting time you booked is the starting time of your horseback ride
- Pickup is 1 hour before your chosen timeslot
- Pickup location: Bus stop #1 at Reykjavík City Hall
- Make sure to be on time!
If you travel to the stables by yourself:
- Show your smartphone ticket to the Ishestar staff
- Make sure you arrive at the stables 30 minutes before the start of your ride. The drive from Reykjavík city center to the stables is about 20 minutes
- GPS coordinates of Íshestar stable: Lat. 64.043289 / Long. -21.914219
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.