- Feel the rush of the famous Gullfoss waterfall, and see bubbling mud pits and shooting geysers on an 8-hour guided Golden Circle tour from Reykjavik
- Stop at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO site and home to the world's oldest parliament
- Stop at Friðheimar Greenhouse and learn how organic tomatoes are grown year-round with the help of Iceland's geothermal heat
From gushing geysers to bubbling mud pools and jaw-dropping waterfalls, you'll see some of the country's most stunning sights on this 8-hour round trip tour! Travel the famed Golden Circle from Reykjavik, and stop to see how Iceland's food is grown geothermically at Friðheimar Greenhouse.
Witness the power and tricky temperament of the geysers at the highly active 1,000-year-old Geysir hot spring area. The plopping sounds of the bubbling mud pits give them a life of their own. Stick around for a display from the reliable Strokkur, which shoots her water 30 meters (100 ft) into the air every few minutes! You can learn more about it all in the Geysir Center.
At the famous Gullfoss waterfall, you'll witness one of Iceland's most impressive natural wonders. The rock formations here are quite unique - the water plunges into a gorge of foam and seems to flow underground from above.
If your eyes can't handle any more mind-blowing beauty, look away when you get to Þingvellir National Park. This UNESCO site is home to the world's oldest parliament, the ancient parliament of the Viking commonwealth.
On the way back, you'll visit the Friðheimar Greenhouse cultivation center. Icelanders have harnessed the power of their landscapes here, using geothermal heat to grow fresh vegetables all year long. Friðheimar is a fully working Icelandic farm, with lots of horses too.
As one of the planet's most dramatic landscapes, this region of Iceland is a photographer's dream.
- Go to Bus Terminal Reykjavik (BSI) and show your smartphone ticket to board
- Please board the bus 15 minutes before departure!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Friðheimar makes their own home-brewed tomato schnapps, which is available for purchase in shots if you need a little pick-me-up during your tour. It's quite an experience!
Hop-on Hop-off Bus Reykjavik 24H
This 24-hour pass is the best way around the capital of the Land of Fire and Ice
Golden Circle Direct: Roundtrip from Reykjavik
From waterfalls to geysers to stunning UNESCO buildings on a roundtrip tour
Snæfellsnes National Park: Roundtrip from Reykjavik
See the scenic wilds of West Iceland – beaches, villages, cliffs, and volcanoes!