Tickets for Aurora Museum Reykjavik
Experience the northern lights on this museums's giant high-res screens
- See the northern lights in perfect conditions, on a 7-meter high-definition screen with Surround Sound – it's the next best thing to seeing them in real life!
- Learn about the science behind this famous phenomenon and how the lights inspired legends in cultures all around the world
- Fine-tune your photography skills and learn how to get the best pictures possible of the stunning light displays
Seeing the northern lights is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but it can be notoriously tricky to catch the spellbinding solar displays at their best. Luckily, the northern lights are always on display at Aurora Reykjavik, a museum dedicated to the study of this spectacular phenomenon. With giant high-definition screens, you can lose yourself in the aurora's vivid colors and swirling patterns – and even learn how to photograph the real thing for yourself!
The rapidly changing Icelandic weather and unpredictable atmospheric conditions can make tracking the real aurora a major challenge. Aurora Reykjavik makes it easy to see this iconic natural occurrence, with a huge 7-meter display showing crystal-clear high-definition footage of the lights at their best.
You'll want to take your time to enjoy these perfect views of some of the best auroral displays ever captured, and Surround Sound technology makes it a relaxing and restorative experience.
Once you're feeling totally zen, you can learn all about the science behind the magical lights, and see how they inspired legends and myths all over the world. There's even a special area where you can learn how to take photos of the aurora, and get advice on adjusting your camera settings to get the best snaps possible!
- Admission to the exhibition
- Free parking
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Take city bus 14 and get off at the Grandagarður stop
- Parking is free onsite