Tickets for Mitad del Mundo
Stand in two hemispheres at once and take part in some mind-blowing games
- Take your passport for a special 'middle of the world' stamp
- Balance an egg on a nail, walk the line between north and south, and find out which way a toilet really flushes on each hemisphere
- Get a free chocolate bar at the entrance to Mitad del Mundo, a favorite in any hemisphere
Want to put a foot in each hemisphere? Head to Ecuador's most visited attraction, Mitad del Mundo. Take part in zany experiments that only work here, and see the monument built on the site where a French explorer first calculated the line of the equator in 1736!
Take your passport with you to Mitad del Mundo - Ecuador's most visited attraction - and get a special stamp to mark your arrival in the middle of the world! Not everyone can say they've been to both hemispheres at the same time.
It's a strange place indeed, in the middle of planet Earth. As well as amazing views of the equinoctial valley from the top of the monument, there's loads of fun stuff to blow your mind.
Learn why a kilo weighs less here than anywhere else. Balance an egg on a nail (only possible here!), straddle two hemispheres and see if there's any truth to the rumor that toilets flush in different directions, either side of the line!
A not-to-be-missed trip from Quito.
- Entrance to Mitad del Mundo and all its areas
- Chocolate bar at the entrance
- Transport to the site
- Entrance to all the museums on-site
- Entrance to the Planetarium
- Guided tour
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Take the blue bus saying Mitad del Mundo on Avenida Occidental (about $0.40). Buses run every 5 minutes
- Metrobus from Avenida América or Avenida de la Prensa, northbound, get off at Ofelia (final stop) and change into the connecting bus taking you directly to Mitad del Mundo (about $0.40)
On Saturdays and Sundays you will find traditional artistic presentations of music and dance at the site!