- Butterfly eyes have 6,000 lenses and they can see ultraviolet light - spend some time with these magical creatures!
- See more than 1,200 beautiful butterflies at Hosteria Mariposas de Mindo outside of Quito
- Learn the life cycle of the butterfly from your tour guide (in English or Spanish)
Spread your wings and spend your morning in the company of fluttering butterflies at Quito's Butterfly Garden. Join a guide for a tour and experience 1,200 butterflies at the same time, a feeding, and a lesson on the stages of a butterfly's short but colorful life.
With over 1,200 butterflies flitting past you, this dream-like encounter is a heavenly place to start your day in Quito!
Head here in the morning if you can. More sun means more of these magical creatures take flight.
Join a guide in English or Spanish and learn the four fascinating stages of a butterfly's life. Then head to the exhibition area and experience a feeding, a colorful affair that sees 25 different butterfly species landing for a feast!
The butterfly house sits within the campus of the hotel Hosteria Mariposas de Mindo. Its staff work tirelessly to ensure the safety, care and longevity of their butterflies.
- Entrance to the Butterfly Garden
- Guided tour in English and Spanish of the gardens with an expert
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Try to visit in the mornings from 10am to 12 pm because that's when it's usually sunnier and butterflies will be flying around.