Tickets for Terezin Concentration Camp
Learn about a vital chapter of history
- Take a guided round-trip tour from the center of Prague to this haunting staging post for Nazi concentration camps
- They say that by understanding the past, we can learn how to avoid the mistakes that were made. This trip is an important - but not fun - visit to a dark chapter of our past
- Hear how prisoners stood together in the face of dire conditions to lead a dignified and rich cultural and religious life
- Experience educational exhibits and pay your respects to the thousands of victims at the Terezin Memorial
During WWII Terezín was a staging point for Jews who were 'resettled in the East'; a trip here is a heavy but worthwhile experience. This guided group tour leaves from the center of Prague and you'll ride as a group there and back. because yes, fortunately, you're able to leave at the end.
The statistics alone are staggering. Of 140,000 people transferred to Terezín from the Czech Republic, Germany and elsewhere, just 17,000 survived. This was not a death camp, but around 33,000 died here from starvation and disease. A crematorium built to handle the death rate could take 200 bodies a day. 90,000 meanwhile were sent to the likes of Auschwitz and Treblinca.
In an impressively sinister touch, Nazi propaganda labeled Theresienstadt as a spa town. Meanwhile residents maintained their dignity through religious and cultural festivals. Artists, writers and musicians depicted its life, lectured and performed for each other. Its lending library housed 60,000 books and its 15,000 children attended school.
Terezín’s excellent museum and site tour – including Jewish prayer room, SS quarters, Gestapo prison cells, Seat of the Council of Elders and Jewish dormitories - bring all aspects of this history uncomfortably close.
This will not be a fun trip: it will be a day of bearing witness to an uncomfortable and tragic part of our history. If through tragedy we more deeply understand our own nature, this just may be the most memorable day of your visit to Prague.
City center departure
The guided tour takes you from the center of Prague to the camp by train (ride there and back is included).
This is a same-day tour, so visitors leave from Prague and return as a group.
- Round-trip with train
- Museum entrance fee
- Admission to The Ghetto Museum and Magdeburg Barracks
Show your smartphone ticket at 09:45 at the meeting point, just off Old Town Square, at the Discover Prague Tour Office.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Seul petit problème, la visite va parfois un peu trop vite, on a pas le temps de tout voir par moment. Mais je recommande cette activité !