- Learn about Czech history and culture
- Meet international celebrities (in wax form!)
- Touch the materials that bring a waxwork to life
- Model a 3-D version of your own face
Prague has always been a cosmopolitan place and at Grevin Wax Museum you’ll meet world-famous celebrities and fascinating figures from Czech culture and history. Is that George Clooney rubbing shoulders with Saint Wenceslaus? Yes indeed. And the museum has some surprisingly hands-on exhibits that will keep kids enthralled.
The people, sorry - characters - are arranged in their own amazing worlds. The alchemy-loving emperor, Rudolf II, can be found in The Magic Laboratory with his magic potions and mysterious tools. The Old Prague Café features literary icons such as Franz Kafka pondering the ills of society over a draught of pilsner. You’ll find modern sporting heroes, Hollywood stars and Czech luminaries in their own little worlds.
The museum is very hands-on, too, and will keep kids actively engaged with the Discovery Tour. Here they’ll see how a wax figure is created and made. They’ll touch wax and resin and see the fake eyes and ears that makes figures come to life. You can also have your own face scanned, measured and made into a 3-D computer file for free. Look out Facebook profile pic!
Celetná 15, 110 00 Praha 1
- Last tour begins 90 minutes before the closing time, cash desks close 30 minutes before the closing time.
- For safety reasons, bulky luggage and strollers must be left in the cloakroom during holiday periods.
- Metro Line A from Staroměstská get off at Můstek or Metro Line B get off at Náměstí Republiky
In a crowded Prague, We almost had the Museum for our self. It was both funny and educational. You may touch and take pictures with the dolls. Many of the dolls are famous Czech persons I haven't heard about but there is signs you can read (in contrary to Madame Tussauds further down the Street)
It was amazing :)
système très pratique pour organiser ses visites et ne pas attendre pour l'achat des tickets
Aucune attente, entrée immédiate au musée: service excellent. Merci!