Tickets for 1-Hour River Cruise + Audio Guide (Prague)
Learn about Prague’s history from the water
- Spot the magnificent Prague Castle in the distance
- Experience the very grand and historic Charles Bridge from below
- View one of the world’s most astonishing gothic-style buildings
An historic city of fluctuating fortunes, the era that has most left its mark on Prague is that of the Holy Roman Emperor, Charles IV. It has given the city an old-timey, storybook feel and this river cruise is a gloriously charming way to bask in its ambience.
The 50-minute cruise begins with a reminder of Prague’s cosmopolitan heritage. It sets off from Čech Bridge, which is the country’s only large Art Nouveau bridge. After that is the Mánes Bridge which owes its form to the Czech Cubist movement of the 1910s. It’s not all rarefied art though, if you pay attention you might spot a gargoyle or two on the Prague coat of arms.
You’ll bask in the atmosphere of the entire city and take in sites such as the Rudolfinum, a neo-Renaissance building from 1885 that is home to the Czech Philharmonic. You’ll pass the Franz Kafka Museum and of course you’ll spot Prague Castle in the distance. It would be hard to miss – it’s the largest castle in the world.
The highlight, though, is the Charles Bridge. Built by Charles IV in the 1300s, it’s one of Europe’s grand bridges. 621 meters long and 10 meters wide, it sits on 16 stone arches. Its Old Town bridge tower is considered to be one of the most striking gothic-style buildings in the world.
It has been the staging ground for many historic events and is where the city finds its grand and stately self: Bohemian kings proceeded along it on the Royal Route as they went to be crowned.
So, allow yourself to glide along the Vltava river and take in Prague in all its glory. Should you desire it (and you will) you’ll find a nice draught of pilsner to be had onboard!
- Show your smartphone ticket at Dvořákovo nábřeží, right at Čechův most, at the end of Pařížská Street (pier #5)
- The boats depart from pier #2
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- 16 March - 4 November: every half hour between 10:00 & 18:00, plus extra hourly departures from 19:00 to 21:00
- 1 June - 30 September: every half hour between 10:00 & 18:00, plus extra hourly departures from 19:00 to 22:00
- 5 November - 14 March: every hour between 11:00 & 19:00