- Witness gorgeous scenery and access some of the best-preserved ancient structures in North America
- Tour the Montezuma Castle National Monument and Tuzigoot National Monument with a Native American guide and learn centuries of history
- Enjoy a scenic lunch as well as return transport to and from your hotel in Phoenix
Montezuma Castle National Monument and Tuzigoot National Monument both feature ancient homes and treasures from the Native American Sinagua people, who lived in Arizona centuries before Christopher Columbus showed up. Learn about their remarkably advanced culture as you're led around these historic sites by a Native American guide.
It's living history less than 2 hours from Phoenix!
Montezuma Castle National Monument's main structure comprises 5 stories and 20 rooms, all built over the course of 3 centuries. Talk about dedication. Today, it's one of the best-preserved ancient structures in North America.
At Tuzigoot (an Apache word meaning 'crooked water'), walk up, in, and around the structure on the tip of a rocky ridge. These crumbling walls have seen some very interesting times.
Explore some of the 110 rooms with your guide and picture the Sinagua people farming, hunting, and working on their crafts and artwork here between 1000 and 1425 A.D! The view of the Verde Valley from here is breathtaking.
Stop for an included lunch before heading back to Phoenix via some beautiful red-rock photo spots.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the driver at the pick-up location at your hotel
- Hotel pick-up can be organized from Phoenix or the Scottsdale Valley area
- You will be contacted by Wandering Heart Adventures in order to arrange the pick-up
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
This tour has a minimum number of guests required for it to run. Solo travelers can be merged into other groups