Tickets for Sainte Chapelle: Priority Entrance
Stunning stained glass light fills this 13th century Parisian Gothic-style gem
- Prepare to be dazzled by this Rayonnant Gothic period jewel in Paris, built in just 7 years
- Walk around the finest royal chapel to be built in France and marvel at the surprisingly elegant 13th-century architecture
- Witness the story of the the history of the world until the arrival of the relics in Paris, displayed in the huge windows
Designed in the middle of the 13th century as a monumental reliquary, the beautiful Sainte-Chapelle housed the Christ’s Crown of Thorns. This church is as beautiful as that crown was painful. You'll be awestruck by the towering ceilings, the ceremonial staircase, and the epic stained glass windows - which tell the story of the history of the world. All this medieval beauty, in the heart of Paris's Palais de la Cité.
Located on the Île de la Cité, this impressive and intimate chapel, consecrated on 26 April 1248, is also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Built in just 7 years, the Sainte-Chapelle remains an important building for both religious and political reasons. The medieval Palais de la Cité was the residence of the Kings of France until the 14th century and you can really feel the history here. Having Christ's Crown of Thorns, and other sacred relics, made powerful monarch Saint Louis the top dog of Western Christianity.
The panes in all 15 of those amazing windows depict 1,113 scenes from the Old and New Testaments, all of which recount the story of the world, right up until the arrival of the relics in Paris. There's nothing as pretty as seeing the light stream through those 15-meter high windows onto the chapel floor on a sunny day.
- Entrance to Sainte-Chapelle
- Entrance to the Conciergerie
After the mandatory security check, go straight to the ticket holders line and show your smartphone ticket.
- 09:00 - 17:00 (last admission at 16:30)
- April 1st - October 31st, 9:30 - 18:00
- Sainte Chapelle is closed between 13:00 and 14:15, Mondays to Fridays
Metro: Line 4 to Cité; Line 1, 7, 11 or 14 to Châtelet
Bus: Lines 21, 27, 38, 85, 96 or Balabus
Save yourself long ticket queues and use this convenient service. No need to print your tickets, just show them your phone and they'll scan it right from your phone.