Tickets for Opéra Garnier: Guided Visit in English
Take a guided tour of the building that inspired the Phantom of the Opera
- Get your phantom on in the place that inspired the hit musical. Take a guided tour of the most beautiful opera house in the world, in English
- Discover the hidden nooks and crannies, see the temporary exhibition and the sweeping Grand Staircase
- See the auditorium's famous Chagall ceiling and the 7-ton chandelier that hangs from its center
To those in the know, Opéra Garnier is as much a part of the cultural fabric of Paris as Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, or the Tour Eiffel. And to everyone around the world, it's known as the setting for The Phantom of the Opera. Take a guided English-speaking tour of this remarkable home of the music (of the niiiight).
See the impressive façade and its rose marble columns, check out the intricacies of the friezes, admire the auditorium's seven-ton chandelier and the Grand Foyer's mosaic-covered ceiling, and make sure to take in the temporary exhibitions.
You'll be transported to the rich elegance of yesteryear as you take a guided tour (in English) of this beautiful building.
Charles Garnier designed this opera house for Emperor Napoleon III, and construction began in 1862, but the project was held up by the discovery of an underground lake onsite. Tour groups aren't allowed down to the Phantom's lair, but considering how it turned out in Gaston Leroux's novel Phantom of the Opera, maybe that's for the best.
- Entry to the Opéra Garnier
- English guided tour of the Opéra Garnier's public areas, including the Rotunda, Grand Escalier, Grand Foyer, Auditorium, and lounges
- Broadcast system
- Please present your voucher at the "Guided Tours" counter inside the Opera Garnier at least 30 minutes prior to tour departure
- Entrance for the guided tours is located in front of 1 Rue Auber
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.