- Meet the menagerie's 1,200 occupants, including 200 tortoises, crocodiles, lizards, and snakes
- Take the urban biodiversity trail and learn about some of the threats facing biodiversity
- Witness some of the oldest zoo buildings in the world, from the Bear Pit to the Big Cat House
Flinging open its doors back in 1794, the Ménagerie is one of the oldest zoos in the world! Enter a melting pot of animal-awesomeness, including orangutans, lizards, snakes and more. A fun follow-up to the usual city sights of Paris.
Red pandas, Przewalski horses, Amur and clouded leopards, primates, birds, reptiles and amphibians are all born right here in the center of Paris at the Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes.
Get up close to endangered species (some of which you might not even have heard of!) and look out for special ‘meet the keepers’ events, designed to raise awareness of the threats to our planet's biodiversity.
Find out about breeding programmes for endangered species, and check out those gorgeous Ménagerie buildings, built in the 19th century. There's the Bear Pit (1805), the Rotonde (1802-1812), the Reptile House (1870), and the Great Aviary (1888).
It's eye-opening and ancient, but mostly it's family fun!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Meet the Keepers events (in French):
- Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and every day during school holidays
- Free with your ticket
- Duration: about 15 minutes
- The keeper will share interesting facts about the animals
- Turtle: 11:30. Orangutan: 14:45. Tapir: 15:30. Red panda: 16:15
Sortie très agréable avec beaucoup d’espaces arborés et de merveilleux animaux bien inconnus pour la plupart.