- This e-ticket gets you in smoothly and quickly, via the beautifully modern glass Pyramid
- Opt for the ticket with Tiqets' exclusive audio guide (in English) and learn more about the Louvre and its highlights as you explore the museum
- Of course you'll want to see Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile, but don't neglect at least some of the 35,000 other artistic treasures inside
This e-ticket gets you smoothly into the Louvre, a grand old dame of art museums. The Louvre's collection ranges from Mesopotamian, Egyptian, and Greek antiquities to masterpieces by artists such as Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Rembrandt. With 35,000 artworks it's a big (and worthwhile) commitment.
The Louvre's collection focuses on two important eras in art history; Art and Craftwork from ancient civilizations (especially those that laid the foundation for Western art) and Western European Art from the Middle Ages to 1848.
This famous museum began as a palace, bearing the personal art collections of French kings. Art first went on display here under the initiative of the royal academy in 1725 but it wasn't until 1793 - during the French Revolution - that it opened as a public art gallery (not a coincidence).
Before too long, the museum's already impressive collection was being bolstered by the spoils of Napoleon’s excursions around Europe.
He transformed the Louvre's art collection into the biggest in the world - though some of that ill-gotten booty has been returned, some of it remains to this day.
- Enter via the Pyramid, using the line for ticket holders with a timeslot
- Show your e-ticket
- Admission within 30 minutes after the timeslot received
- If you leave the museum, you won't be allowed back in with the same ticket
- Please note that if you miss the timeslot you'll need to join the line for ticket holders without timeslots
- Ticket holders may be asked to present a valid photo ID. Without it, access to the museum will be refused
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Due to the size of its collections and its day-to-day agenda, the museum can't keep all of its rooms open every day. Please note that galleries may occasionally close at short notice. For further details, please check the official website
- Download self-guided tours from the website or pick up a €5 multimedia guide
- Please note that items exceeding 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm are not permitted in the museum. Self-service lockers are available free of charge beneath the Pyramid
You'll enjoy your visit more if you plan well: bring food, water, and wear comfortable walking shoes!