Tickets for Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
See the building that inspired the Palace of Versailles!
- Visit the magnificent Baroque masterpiece of Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, the inspiration for the Palace of Versailles
- Explore the King's chambers, the Grand Salon, the manicured French gardens, the Dome, Carriage Museum, servants quarters and more
- An audio guide provides historical context to the ostentatious surroundings, making the experience even more immersive
When it comes to TV and movies, this place is more famous than most A-listers! See how the Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte made an appearance in over 60 movies, from Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, to The Man in the Iron Mask, to the Versailles TV series in this starry-eyed exhibition!
Take your inner aristocrat out for a walk, with a visit to the jaw-dropping grandeur of Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte. Wander the ornate halls with refined dignity, stroll the sprawling manicured gardens (spare a thought for the gardener), and refine your idea of expensive taste!
Thinking about building a grandiose palace surrounded by vast manicured gardens? Get some inspiration at Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte! This is where the Palace of Versailles was dreamed up, and ooh la la, it's obvious!
Explore this extravagant Baroque masterpiece at your own pace, or with an optional audio guide that will fill in every decorative detail of the palace's opulent facade, lavish rooms, formal French gardens and Carriage Museum.
Drink in the dramatic views across the gardens from the enormous dome, make some interior design notes in the King’s Room and the Grand Salon, and see where decadent royal banquets were cooked up in the basement kitchens.
Just try not to imagine what the monthly heating bill must be.
- Entrance to the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Entrance to the Carriage Museum
- Entrance to the gardens
- Access to the dome
- Audio guide
- The mobile coverage is quite poor, so make sure to download your ticket beforehand
- Please make sure your phone is fully charged as the staff will be rechecking your ticket at the entrance of the Château
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Take the train line P from Paris Gare de l'Est to Verneuil l'Etang (35 minutes travel time), and continue from there with the shuttle bus ('châteaubus') to the castle (bus ticket must be paid in cash).
Landscape architect André le Nôtre designed many of the gardens' features to be narrower at one end, so they actually appear smaller than they are. This way the visitor is perpetually surprised by the actual size. This trick doesn't show up in photos - it has to be experienced in person!
Quant aux jardins même un peu grillés par la sécheresse de l'été ils sont un modèle de l'art de Lenotre.
L'audioguide est très bien fait et indispensable pour visiter le château.
Le seul bémol c'est la qualité de la restauration assez médiocre. ...
Le chateau d abord d une tres belle richesse
Une visite avec le jeu 9 12 ans qui a tenue nos enfants en eveil.
Le jardin quelle execellence quelle harmonie..
Un mot Magnifique.
Felicitations aux de Vogüé, merci aux mécènes et que les visiteurs continuent à s’y précipiter !