Tickets for Château de Fontainebleau: Priority Entrance
A luxurious retreat for French royalty
- Get priority entrance to Fontainebleau - the only royal and imperial château to have been continuously inhabited for eight centuries
- Explore chapels, galleries and guest apartments which would have been used by French and visiting royalty, and see Marie Antoinette's bed, Napoleon's throne and more!
- Wander through over 1500 rooms and 130 acres of parkland and gardens, visit the museums and feel what it must have been like as a king or queen growing up here
You can watch all the period dramas you like, but Keira Knightley and co can't get close to what it must have really been like at Château de Fontainebleau. This sovereign residence for eight centuries was home to all manner of pomp and circumstance. The walls can't talk, but they can show you what it was like during the heydays of French royalty. Get Priority Entrance and avoid the lines (just like the royals would've done).
Embraced by 130 hectares of pretty parks and gardens, Château de Fontainebleau has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1981, although the first recorded reference was in a royal charter back in 1137. To visit here is to soak up imperial atmosphere.
You'll be awed by the opulent décor in the sovereign apartments, designed for the Court of Napoleon III. See Marie Antoinette's bed, Napoleon's throne, and François Gérard's 1807 portrait of Empress Josephine in her coronation regalia. Stroll through the galleries in which the court would socialise, gossip and promenade, and visit three decadent chapels and four art museums.
Napoleon himself refurbished the Château after the revolution in 1814 and, in his memoirs, he referred to it as "the true home of Kings." Louis XIII spent a happy childhood here, learning how to hunt, play tennis, and draw. With over 1500 rooms Château de Fontainebleau was - and still is - a magnificent maze of French beauty, history and architecture.
- Entrance to the Great Apartments circuit
- Entrance to the Napoleon I museum
- Entrance to temporary exhibitions
- Audio guide
- Live guide
- Chinese museum
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance, after the security check.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- From the Gare de Lyon in Paris, take the train (line R) to Montargis-Sens and get off at Fontainebleau-Avon
- From Fontainebleau, take the bus (line 1) to Les Lilas and get off at the Château