- Wander through the Château at your own pace and see the former retreat of France's most famous rulers and leaders
- See Shell Cottage and the Queen's Dairy: a spectacular gift from King Louis XVI to Marie-Antoinette
- Explore the huge forest surrounding the Château, perfect for activities like cycling or renting a boat
The stunning Château de Rambouillet has welcomed some of the greatest figures in French history over the years. See the place that King Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette, Napoleon I, Charles de Gaulle, and other prominent leaders all loved to escape to in the heart of a beautiful forest.
From the Middle Ages to the present day, this private home was the perfect place for princes, kings, emperors and presidents of the Republic to live like civilians and finally let loose, away from the strict etiquette imposed at official residences.
The forest was abundant with game, and the Château's rooms were opulent and grand enough to satisfy even the most discerning imperial tastes.
See the Chaumière aux Coquillages, or Shell Cottage, decorated in an elegant style unparalleled in Europe. Step inside the Queen's Dairy, a gift from King Louis XVI to his wife Marie-Antoinette. There's the emperor's bathroom too, a masterpiece of neoclassicism.
On a nice day, spend some time in the gardens. Walk and cycle, rent a pedal car, a small boat, or an electric cart. That's one luxury Marie-Antoinette didn't have!
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- The mobile coverage onsite is quite poor, so make sure to download your tickets beforehand!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket