Tickets for Château de Fontainebleau & Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte + Transport from Paris
Two magnificent châteaux steeped in French history, just an hour from Paris
- Take a full day excursion from Paris by luxury coach, and see how French kings and queens lived for centuries
- Explore the royal and imperial château in the heart of the forest of Fontainebleau, and step foot in the beautiful Vaux le Vicomte château that inspired Versailles
- Soak up the history with an audio guide tour of the châteaux and free time to explore the gardens
Picture 17th-century architecture, sprawling green formal gardens, and stunning French countryside all in one day. Join a full-day excursion from Paris to the magnificent châteaux of Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau, and see how the kings of France used to live.
Leaving central Paris in the morning, you'll soon be on your way to the very château that inspired King Louis XIV to build Versailles. Enter the 17th-century Vaux le Vicomte!
Imagine the sleeping French nobles and the bustling cooks in action as your audio guide takes you around Nicolas Fouquet's state rooms and the château's giant kitchens and cellars.
Outside, explore acres and acres of sculpted bushes, glistening lakes, and bright flower beds in bloom – it's French romance at its finest. Take a picnic and eat on the grass, or opt for the Vaux le Vicomte restaurant.
After lunch, it's time to explore the only royal and imperial château that's been inhabited for seven centuries, Fontainebleau.
Explore the royal touches from medieval to renaissance and classical styles, and see the rich traditional furnishings. Learn what creature comforts the royals liked to keep in their private apartments, and see star items like Napoleon I's throne and the famous horseshoe-shaped staircase.
After the tour, get some fresh French air in the huge grounds surrounding the château. All this fun and history is just one hour from Paris.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the counter of the PARISCityVISION agency
- The bus departs at 09:15, please arrive at least 30 min before departure
- Boarding closes 10 minutes before departure time
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket