- Discover a fascinating war museum, built on the site of the Battle of Overloon, one of the fiercest and most costly battles Western Europe has ever seen
- Admire over 150 military vehicles, from nimble fighter planes to hulking tanks and artillery transports. The latest addition is a C-47 Skytrain – the massive cargo plane that helped the Allies win the war
- See exhibitions dedicated to munitions and explosives as well as the fearsome German Fallschirmjäger paratroopers
Prepare for battle and embark on a fascinating journey through history at Overloon's War Museum. See hundreds of authentic military vehicles, plus period weapons, equipment, and uniforms in a thought-provoking journey through the history-defining moments of World War II.
The Overloon War Museum opened in 1946, making it one of the oldest Second World War museums in the world — it's hard to get much earlier than that, after all!
Built on the site of one of the fiercest battles in Western Europe, the Museum features an impressive collection of military vehicles, from classic Spitfire fighter planes to monstrous tanks and armored trucks, many of which saw action in the war.
You can also check out a private collection of over 1000 bombs and grenades (no touching!) and an exhibit dedicated to the Fallschirmjäger - the elite German paratroopers who played an important role in the deadlocked battle at Overloon, which saw over 2500 soldiers lose their lives.
Don't miss the giant comic by Teun Berserik. The 20-meter by 5-meter mural depicts the events leading up to D-Day, from the first draft to the decisive conflict.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Bus: Line 84 to Museumlaan + a 9-minute walk
- Free parking spots are available on-site