- Explore Africa without leaving the Netherlands - this educational journey is an open-air experience close to Nijmegen
- Let the kids play in the specially designed sculpture forest
- Take a walk around a reconstructed Kusasi estate featuring open, doorless roundhouses
Ready for a taste of Africa? The Afrika Museum introduces the 'architecture' of African villages and estates and blends it with a taste of African culture. Stroll through a Ghanan village, enter roundhouses, learn about various tribes and let the kids loose in the African sculpture garden!
Walk around exciting African villages, where kids can play in a special forest of sculptures. Visit Cameroon and meet the Baka, a nation of hunters and gatherers who dwell in the rainforest.
Head to Ghana and stroll around a reconstructed Kusasi estate, complete with open, doorless roundhouses, and then visit Mali to find out why the Dogon had to build their villages like fortresses.
Want an in-depth explanation of the permanent collection? Plug into the audio tour to enhance your African adventure!
The forests of Berg en Dal near Nijmegen hold a taste of Africa in the Netherlands.
- Entrance to the Afrika Museum
- Audio guide in English, Dutch, or German
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.