Tickets for SHARK Speedboat Thrill Ride
Don't cruise the water - blast through it
- A fast-paced 30-minute speedboat ride to view the iconic Statue of Liberty
- An unforgettable adventure ride featuring live guides, hot tunes, and a boat painted to look like a shark!
- If you'd prefer your pulse not to pound, nor get splashed with sea spray, we strongly advise taking one of the other boats. SHARK is NOT for you
For some, a little poky float out to see the Statue of Liberty doesn't quite tick the box, the box marked 'RADICAL, OCEAN PREDATOR-THEMED ADVENTURE'! But this 30-minute high-speed trip sure does! If you're a thrillseeker, then SHARK is for you.
Music, adventure, speed - that's what this ride is all about. This is real pulse-pounding excitement, so leave grandma behind (unless she's also an adventure enthusiast) and hop onboard SHARK. Hitting speeds of 60 km/h, SHARK is a powerful speedboat on a mission: to rocket you around the tip of Manhattan and out out to the Statue of Liberty at the fastest speeds possible.
But it's not about getting it over quickly. A local guide narrates the journey, pointing out sites like the Brooklyn Bridge and One World Trade Center, as they pass by in a blur.
And there's time for photos near the Statue of Liberty. Tour staff will happily snap pictures of you, your friends, grandma, and the rest of the shark gang, with Lady Liberty in the background.
It's superfast, but also superfun, and - except for pregnant women or children under a meter tall, who aren't allowed to join - this is the best way to see the Statue of Liberty. Especially if you'd rather go big than go home.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- The boarding area of New York Water Taxi is located at the very end of Pier 16.
Directions from the A,C,J,Z,2,3 train:
- Take the A,C,J,Z,2,3 train to Fulton Street. Walk southeast down Fulton Street toward the water. Follow Fulton Street all the way to South Street Seaport.
Directions from M15, QM11, QM25 bus:
- Get off at Water Street and Fletcher Street. Walk toward the water on John Street until you get to the South Street Seaport.
Directions from X8, QM7, QM8, BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4 bus:
- Get off at Water Street and Maiden Lane. Walk toward the water on Maiden Land until you get to the South Street Seaport.