Tickets for New York Historical Society
The best of American history and art in one spot
- Witness a world of art including decorative arts, drawings, historical artifacts, paintings, sculpture and the Center for the Study of Women’s History
- See current special exhibitions like Tattooed New York, Muhammad Ali, LeRoy Neiman, and the Art of Boxing and I Am King of the World: Photographs of Muhammad Ali by George Kalinsky
- Explore the story of New York and America in the Robert H. and Clarice Smith New York Gallery of American History
Get the best of American history at this incredible museum and library, which houses the finest of American art, sculpture, drawings, textiles, and more! The new Center for Women's History is an intriguing look at the power of women in society, past and present.
This American history museum and library is a treasure trove of historical artifacts. You'll feel like you're living the history while here.
Peruse over 2,500 American portraits, genre scenes, and landscapes in the paintings section, plus sculptures dating back to the colonial period. The drawings have been here since 1816, making this the country’s earliest public drawing collection.
George Washington's inaugural armchair and a chair from Marie Antoinette's private chambers at Versailles are just two of over 500 items in the vast furniture collection.
In the textiles section, you'll see flags waved in every major conflict with an American presence between the Revolutionary War and World War II.
The new Center for Women's History is the country’s first permanent, public exhibition and educational center dedicated to women’s history. Learn how women came to exercise power and bring change to the US and the world, even before they could vote.
- Entrance to all exhibitions
Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket desk.
- There are daily tours of the collections (free for ticket holders) at 14:00 and 15:30
- The use of flash, tripods, and selfie-sticks is prohibited in all areas of the museum