- Get a snorkeler's-eye view of colorful reef-dwelling marine life at Glover's Reef, including eels, rays, and clownfish
- Get wrapped up in the 4-D theater experience, which combines 3-D film with sensory technology
- Watch the California sea lions interact with their trainers in the daily shows at the Aquatheater
The New York Aquarium offers an intimate peek into the underwater world with a variety of aquatic displays, starring penguins, sea lions, sharks and more! From the Aquatheater's sea lion shows to the conservation-minded displays of Glover’s Reef, there's plenty to keep the most excitable budding marine biologist transfixed for hours!
Interested in fish of all sizes and colors? Then head to the Glover’s Reef display for a snorkeler’s-eye view experience.
And if you prefer your aquatic animals mammalian, don't miss the interactive sea lion show at the Aquatheater – they dance, swirl, and play. And you can end with a stroll along the Sea Cliffs, where penguins, seals, and otters chill on the rocky shores.
Hurricane Sandy in 2012 forced the aquarium to close part of the facilities, which are re-opening in summer 2018, featuring dazzling sea - and city - views.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Please note that during your visit, you may be videotaped or photographed by a WCS employee or authorized guest. Your admission serves as permission for use of your image by these parties.
Take the F or Q train to the West 8th Street, line B36 to Surf Avenue and West 8th Street, or line B68 to Neptune Avenue and West 8th Street.
The aquarium is so devoted to its marine mission that when it opened at Coney Island it skipped the traditional ribbon-cutting ceremony. Instead, it asked Annie, a black-footed penguin, to do the honors by biting into a wrapped smelt.