- See dozens of incredible aircraft, including a supersonic spy plane, the British Airways Concorde, and the Space Shuttle Enterprise
- Enter the diesel-powered submarine USS Growler and visit its command center and torpedo rooms
- Check out the many interactive exhibits and chat with veteran volunteers about their experiences behind enemy lines
New York has a lot of vertical landmarks, like Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building. But the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a next-level attraction… a military and maritime museum ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER! If you and your family like submarines, planes and space shuttles - hop aboard; the USS Intrepid has them all - and more!
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a battle-hardened aircraft carrier - it served in WW2 and the Vietnam War (and even assisted NASA during rescue missions).
Step aboard and see dozens of skillfully restored aircraft, including two Soviet MiGs, the supersonic A-12 Blackbird, and the actual Concorde. If that’s not out-of-this-world enough for you, check out the Space Shuttle Enterprise!
The Intrepid also has the USS Growler, one of only two diesel-powered submarines armed with nuclear cruise missiles. Mind your head as you explore this underwater war-tube. Check out the crew’s mess, the command center, and the two torpedo rooms, and you’ll soon realize that your cubicle at the office isn't so bad.
History-lovers, science nerds, and people who love Top Gun and The Hunt for Red October will all find this place incredible! PRO TIP: Bring some aviator sunglasses.
Get yourself an add-on and experience up to two totally unique simulators. With Stories of Intrepid, state-of-the-art computer graphics, historical footage, and 4D technology will all immerse you in a world of brave heroes. And with Transporter FX, feel the wind around your polarized glasses as you judder your way through six minutes of adrenaline-pumping flight!
- Entrance to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Access to the Space Shuttle Pavilion
- Access to the submarine USS Growler
- Access to one or two simulators (if selected)
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
NYC has a freaking Concorde and a freaking Space Shuttle. You thought seeing that Naked Cowboy guy would be cool, but this museum on a freaking aircraft carrier is one of the coolest things about NYC.
They were a mind of information and very interesting people to talk to.