- See dozens of incredible aircraft, including a supersonic spy plane, the British Airways Concorde, and the Space Shuttle Enterprise
- Enter the diesel-powered submarine USS Growler and visit its command center and torpedo rooms
- Check out the many interactive exhibits and chat with veteran volunteers about their experiences behind enemy lines
New York has a lot of vertical landmarks, like Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building. But the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a next-level attraction… a military and maritime museum ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER! If you and your family like submarines, planes and space shuttles - hop aboard; the USS Intrepid has them all - and more!
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a battle-hardened aircraft carrier - it served in WW2 and the Vietnam War (and even assisted NASA during rescue missions).
Step aboard and see dozens of skillfully restored aircraft, including two Soviet MiGs, the supersonic A-12 Blackbird, and the actual Concorde. If that’s not out-of-this-world enough for you, check out the Space Shuttle Enterprise!
The Intrepid also has the USS Growler, one of only two diesel-powered submarines armed with nuclear cruise missiles. Mind your head as you explore this underwater war-tube. Check out the crew’s mess, the command center, and the two torpedo rooms, and you’ll soon realize that your cubicle at the office isn't so bad.
History-lovers, science nerds, and people who love Top Gun and The Hunt for Red October will all find this place incredible! PRO TIP: Bring some aviator sunglasses.
- Entrance to the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- Access to the Space Shuttle Pavilion
- Access to the submarine USS Growler
How to use your tickets
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance and you're in!
- All sales are final
All visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
NYC has a freaking Concorde and a freaking Space Shuttle. You thought seeing that Naked Cowboy guy would be cool, but this museum on a freaking aircraft carrier is one of the coolest things about NYC.