- Speed round one of the world’s most celebrated city parks. Brilliant for people-watching and to escape the bustle of the city
- A full range of gastronomic experiences are available inside the park. Get your Eggs Benedict with the locals, or grab a coffee to go
- Spend a whole day exploring the park. It takes a lifetime to discover, so filling your time should be easy
You want to be a part of it, New York, New York! But after a while all those honking taxi horns and crowded sidewalks can make your brain hurt. Enter Central Park, an emerald green oasis in the middle of the madness. Rent a bike for a day and cruise this urban wilderness. Escape to Strawberry Fields, roll past lakes and lochs, sniff out the hotdog sellers, and become part of Manhattan. The city is yours.
Even though it's surrounded by high rises, Central Park remains a tranquil escape right in the center of the Empire City. A fascinating place for people watching, Central Park is also one of the world’s most-filmed locations. So exploring here on a bike is a unique chance to experience brand new spaces that will feel strangely familiar.
Take in sights like Tavern On The Green, a much-loved restaurant featured in Edward Scissorhands, Beaches and Ghostbusters (this was also where John Lennon held his birthday parties). Couples from movies Love Story and Serendipity got all mushy on the ice at the Wollman Skating Rink. The Bandshell was a pitstop for the brooding Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffanys.
But even if you're not checking famous sights off your list, you'll find a day cycling around Central Park is an unrivaled opportunity to get a taste of the city’s diversity. You'll see suited city financiers mix with morning joggers, well-kept housewives manoeuvre around kickball practices, and more. For many New Yorkers, Central Park is where they come for recreation, relaxation, and refreshment.
Roll up and join in; you’ll find there’s more than enough to fill a whole day - or a couple of hours if your schedule’s packed.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Central Park Sightseeing Store at 346 W 57th St (between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue)
- Please bring an ID to be retained as a deposit for all rentals and a credit card to be kept on file
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
The Essential Central Park Walking Tour & The Met or AMNH
See Central Park on a dramatized walking tour with entry to The Met or AMNH