- See the heart and soul of New York, an incredible Romanesque and Gothic Revival landmark and one of the oldest buildings in Morningside Heights
- Visit the special exhibitions, see stained glass windows, 17th century tapestries, a Keith Haring Triptych, Chapel of the Tongues, and more
- Get a free tour, taking place twice a day, to learn the best historical highlights
Forget hot dogs, Empire State Building hats, and pizza slices – there's a Romanesque and Gothic Revival to explore in Morningside Heights. Visit the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine with a knowledgeable guide, see 17th-century tapestries and stained glass windows, and hang with the peacocks in the pretty gardens!
Visitors from all over the world head to Morningside Heights to see the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, one of the oldest buildings in the area and a landmark that's as important to New York as the Empire State Building.
This amazing Romanesque and Gothic Revival building is home to the largest Rose Window in the US and is one of the five largest church buildings in the world. See stunning stained glass windows, contemporary art, a Keith Haring Triptych and beautiful gardens filled with peacocks and peaceful meditation spots! It's a world away from Broadway.
For your Highlights tour, packed with historical highlights, meet your guide at the Visitor Center inside the Cathedral entrance.
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance on Amsterdam Avenue between 111th & 112th Streets. All tours meet for registration at the Visitor Center inside the Cathedral entrance.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Cathedral: 07:30 - 18:00
- Visitor Center: 08:00 - 18:00
- Pop-up Shop: 09:00 - 17:00
- Barberini Tapestries: 08:00 - 18:00
- Gardens: From sunrise to sunset
Tour starting times
- Monday 11:00 and 14:00
- Tuesday - Saturday 11:00 and 13:00
- You can join a tour at any time you like on your selected day
- Metro: Line 1 to Cathedral Parkway 110 Street Station, lines B or C to Cathedral Parkway (110 St)
- Bus: Lines M4, M60, or M104 to Broadway at 112th Street or line M11 to Amsterdam Avenue at 112th Street