Tickets for Vesuvius: Park Entrance & Guided Visit
A scenic walk on the famous volcano that once destroyed Pompeii
- See pine forests, incredible landscapes and the Gulf of Naples from Mount Vesuvius!
- Join an experienced guide for a fun, panoramic climb and learn all about the history of the world's most famous volcano
- Smell the minerals and magma and see lava from the last eruption back in 1944
Join a guide and scale the gentle slopes of the world's most famous volcano, which once destroyed the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Smell the earth's magma bubbling beneath you, get amazing views of the Gulf of Naples, and walk a unique lunar landscape. It's a once-in-a-lifetime climb!
Angry eruptions and terrible gas? No, not the effects of a disagreeable meal - just a trip to Mount Vesuvius! Leave Pompeii or Naples and enter the National Park of Vesuvius, where you'll climb the slopes of the world's most famous volcano with an experienced guide!
This monolithic somma-stratovolcano is still considered one of the world's most dangerous volcanoes - if she blows again, she'll affect almost 3,000,000 people living nearby. But don't worry, she hasn't so much as burped since 1944.
Walk the lunar-like landscape and watch the slope slide down towards the Gulf of Naples. Due to current maintenance work you can't walk around the crater, but you can still get pretty close. See and smell the earth's magma and all those minerals that shape the rocks and produce amazing colors.
Bring the camera for incredible panoramas of Mount Somma along the way, and wear something warm - it gets chilly up there!
- Entrance to Vesuvio National Park
- 1-hour guided tour around the volcano in Italian, English, French, Spanish, or German
- Transportation to Mount Vesuvius or the top (available for an extra fee)
- Food and drinks (available at the summit)
- Parking fees
- At the summit, swap your smartphone voucher at the ticket desk of Rifugio Imbò, Strada Matrone for a paper ticket. You can then join the next available tour in your preferred language
- Tours start from 09:00
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- By car: A3 Naples - Salerno to Ercolano, exit Torre Annunziata. After the toll station, turn left under the bridge and continue on Via Boscocatene. At the crossroads on Via B. Cozzolino, go straight. Continue for about 2km up the hairpin road and go straight on at the junction. About 300m after the junction, you'll find the Vesuvio National Park info point. Continue up the hairpin road for about 7km and proceed left at the junction. After about 2km you arrive at the parking at Piazzale di Quota 1000, about 300m from Rifugio Imbò, where your guided tour starts
- Bus from Piazza Anfiteatro in Pompeii, trip takes about 55 minutes