- Skip the line and join a live Italian-speaking guide for a tour of the catacombs and the Miglio Sacro
- See three types of tomb in the catacombs and learn how people were buried according to social class
- Visit the basilica minore (minor basilica), final resting place of San Gennaro and 5th-century archbishop of Naples, Giovanni I
Reopened in 2006, The Holy Mile (Miglio Sacro) is a fascinating dive into the depths of Italian history. Tour the subterranean catacombs up to the vibrant streets of Sanità, a district that was once home to Popes, kings, and cardinals!
Looking for something different to do in Naples? Join an Italian-speaking guide and get fast track entrance to the subterranean maze beneath the city's streets!
The Holy Mile (Miglio Sacro) is a complex labyrinth of tombs, corridors, and ancient treasures dating back to the 2nd century. See three types of tomb, each holding residents of varying social class, from the wealthy to the middle class and the poor.
Visit the basilica minore (minor basilica), final resting place of San Gennaro and Giovanni I, the 5th-century archbishop of Naples. See historical basilicas, Christian frescoes, and mosaics from the 2nd-5th centuries.
After that, walk the bustling streets of Sanità, once a playground for Popes, kings, and cardinals! Who needs a stuffy history classroom when you can experience it in person!
- Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office
- The tour starts at the entrance of Catacombe di Napoli (entrance next to the Basilica del Buon Consiglio), on Via Capodimonte 6
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Bus: lines 168, 178, C63, R4 to Basilica dell'Incoronata - Catacombs of San Gennaro
- Metro: L1 to Museo + a 20-minute walk or L2 to Piazza Cavour + a 20-minute walk
- Free parking for visitors close to the entrance
Stops of the tour
Catacombs of San Gennaro - Basilica of San Gennaro Extra Moenia - Fontanelle Cemetery - Basilica of Santa Maria della Sanità - Catacombs of San Gaudioso - Palazzo Sanfelice - Palazzo dello Spagnolo - Church of St. Mary of the Virgins - Porta San Gennaro (close to the National Archaeological Museum)
Vibrant street life in Sanita on the walk.
Super guides. Informative interesting and good humoured. Wanted everyone to enjoy the tour.