- Travel from Rome in comfort and skip the long line into the ancient ruins at Pompeii
- Marvel at the ashen remains of a town and people decimated by volcanic disaster in 79AD
- Enjoy a traditional Neapolitan lunch before scaling Mount Vesuvius for stunning views of the Bay of Naples
Yes, that's right. A guided tour up one of the world's most dangerous active volcanoes, and around the town it turned to ash almost 2,000 years ago. Plus, pizza!
Now that you're sold on the idea, all that's left is to run through your itinerary for this expertly led excursion to the UNESCO heritage site of Pompeii, and the volcanic titan which towers above it, Mount Vesuvius.
Your comfortable, air-conditioned coach will provide your round-trip transportation from Rome – minimal route planning and bus hailing for you!
Local, knowledgeable guides will take the reins on arrival in Pompeii. Skip the queues, and follow intently as they bring to life the ruins of homes, bathhouses, fountains and more in this once hustling, bustling port town.
See where Pompeii locals went about their daily lives before the 79AD eruption that saw them forever entombed in ash casts, which now make for poignant viewing.
After breaking for a traditional Neapolitan lunch, it's time to take on the volcano itself. Powered by pizza, you'll climb the half-mile up to the crater, which offers a view of the Bay of Naples so idyllic, it's hard to imagine the carnage that happened here all those centuries ago.
In the winter, the trip up the now-closed volcano is replaced by a no-less-interesting panoramic bus tour and visit to neighboring Naples.
- Show your smartphone ticket to your City Wonders guide at the center of Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk (Fontana dei Leoni)
- Your guide will be holding a City Wonders sign with the name of your tour
- Departure is at 07:30. Please make sure to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes beforehand. Latecomers can't be waited for
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Mt. Vesuvius visit:
- The hike up to the crater of Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is uphill, mostly on soft ground, and about 20 minutes long. Adequate footwear is recommended. You can also choose to remain at the parking area and to have free time to enjoy the views
- Mt. Vesuvius may be closed in the summer months due to bad weather or strikes. If this is the case an alternative visit to the National Archaeological Museum of Naples, or an alternative of equal value, will be included
- As temperatures on the volcano may be a bit lower than temperatures on the ground, it is recommended to bring a sweater or light jacket
Pompeii: Skip The Line
Explore one of the world’s best-preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii: Guided Tour
Get guided around the ancient archaeological wonder of Pompeii
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line
Visit two Roman cities destroyed by Mount Vesuvius – it's a blast!
Pompeii: VIP Experience
Explore the ancient city of Pompeii with an audio guide and some modern comforts
Pompeii: Skip The Line + Bus Roundtrip from Rome
From Rome to Pompeii: a modern comfort bus for a trip into the past
Pompeii: Guided Tour in Chinese
Take a guided tour of one of the world’s best preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii: Skip The Line + Bus Roundtrip from Naples
Ride to Pompeii in style then get right into this well-preserved ancient city