- Enjoy air-conditioned comfort - with free WiFi - from Rome to Pompeii and back; modern comforts for a trip into the ancient past
- Skip the ticket lines at Pompeii and walk right in and soak up the atmosphere of one of history's most well-preserved site
- Take advantage of a well-informed and entertaining tour assistant at the bus stops
Enjoy an air-conditioned coach ride (with free WiFi) to one of history's most fascinating sites. Once you arrive, you'll get skip-the-line access to this fascinating ancient city preserved by the lava from Mt. Vesuvius. After a day spent wandering through the eerily well-preserved remains, you'll board your bus again and be shuttled in air-conditioned comfort back to Rome.
Imagine being able to go back in time and explore a city in the Roman empire; this is what this day trip offers. From the streets to the buildings to the everyday household objects - Pompeii is a glimpse into what life was really like almost 2,000 years ago. The preservation of Pompeii has also given the world a remarkable record of Roman paintings. Without Pompeii there would be virtually no record of the Roman art style.
The site is massive (64 hectares), and full of everything that made up a Roman city. Of course Pompeii has an amphitheater - which could seat around 20,000 people. Plus the villas of the rich, the more modest houses of the peasants - and even the brothels and bars at the edge of the city. If you're interested in ancient Roman religion, make sure to visit the Temple of Apollo. Set on a high podium with imposing steps, columns and a white marble altar it may inspire you to pay tribute to the sun, which will in all likelihood be beating down as you comb the city.
At the end of the day you'll be able to enjoy some much-deserved air conditioning as you head back to Rome. Take advantage of that WiFi and start posting your pics online as the bus takes you on a road that, like all others, leads back to Rome.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the Touristation staff at the Flixbus bus stop at Tiburtina Station
- Once you arrive in Pompeii, meet the Touristation staff directly at the bus stop. They'll escort you to the Touristation point in front of the entrance of the archaeological area
- Collect a map, your audio guide and your skip-the-line ticket for Pompeii and enjoy the visit
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Don't forget to bring your sunscreen with you and maybe even a hat. You definitely don't want to get cooked in the Italian summer sun while enjoying your trip back in time.
Pompeii: Skip The Line
Explore one of the world’s best-preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii: Guided Tour
Get guided around the ancient archaeological wonder of Pompeii
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line
Visit two Roman cities destroyed by Mount Vesuvius – it's a blast!
Pompeii: VIP Experience
Explore the ancient city of Pompeii with an audio guide and some modern comforts
Pompeii: Guided Tour in Chinese
Take a guided tour of one of the world’s best preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii & Vesuvius: Daytrip from Rome
Explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii and climb the infamous Mount Vesuvius
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line + English Guided Tour
See a city untouched by time and enjoy a guided tour from an archaeologist