- Skip the line and wander around the lost city of Pompeii with an engrossing audio guide
- Hear the astonishing story of how the city perished in the disastrous eruption of Mount Vesuvius, and its subsequent discovery and excavation
- Visit old dwellings, fountains, statues, public baths, aqueducts, the city amphitheater, and see haunting casts of the bodies that were found at the site
You might assume that a gigantic volcanic eruption would erase everything in its path — not in this case! Decimated by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 CE, the city was frozen in time, as a superheated blanket of ash prevented any moisture from eroding the ruins. Over 2,000 years later, Pompeii is still standing.
Explore one of the world's most remarkable archeological sites with an engrossing audio guide, and wander the eerie ruins while Mount Vesuvius looks on.
Get immersed in the astounding story of Pompeii's sudden, unfortunate end, and its discovery 1,669 years later, as a compelling audio guide narrates the city's jaw-dropping ruins while you explore. You'll be transported back in time, and into the lives of the city's residents, moments before things got heated.
Traverse the 50-hectare site and brush up on your history. Explore the ghostly ruins of old dwellings, fountains, statues, public baths, aqueducts, and the city amphitheater.
You'll also see casts of the city's inhabitants, who perished in the erupting ash cloud that blanketed the city. It's an extraordinary sight to behold. One moment they were going about their lives, the next, they were turned to cinders by a sulfurous firestorm nobody saw coming.
- 1) Go first to the Pompeii Ticket Office on "Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore" or "Porta Marina Superiore (Piazza Esedra)" and swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket before entering the venue
- 2) Then you can collect your audio guide at the audio guide desk inside the park by showing your ticket. Last time to take the audio guide: Apr-Oct, 16:00; Nov-Mar, 13:30
- Please bring a valid ID as a deposit for the audio guide, copies or student IDs are not accepted
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Take any train to Naples and, from there, take the Circumvesuviana train bound to Sorrento and get off at Pompei Scavi (Villa dei Misteri), the closest stop to the Porta Marina entrance gate.
Pompeii: Skip The Line
Explore one of the world’s best-preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii: Guided Tour
Get guided around the ancient archaeological wonder of Pompeii
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line
Visit two Roman cities destroyed by Mount Vesuvius – it's a blast!
Pompeii: VIP Experience
Explore the ancient city of Pompeii with an audio guide and some modern comforts
Pompeii: Skip The Line + Bus Roundtrip from Rome
From Rome to Pompeii: a modern comfort bus for a trip into the past
Pompeii: Guided Tour in Chinese
Take a guided tour of one of the world’s best preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii & Vesuvius: Daytrip from Rome
Explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii and climb the infamous Mount Vesuvius
Pompeii: Guided Tour + Virtual Experience
Explore ancient Pompeii as it was before Mount Vesuvius erupted
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line + English Guided Tour
See a city untouched by time and enjoy a guided tour from an archaeologist