- Skip the line and wander around the lost city of Pompeii with an engrossing audio guide
- Hear the astonishing story of how the city perished in the disastrous eruption of Mount Vesuvius, and its subsequent discovery and excavation
- Visit old dwellings, fountains, statues, public baths, aqueducts, the city amphitheater, and see haunting casts of the bodies that were found at the site
You might assume that a gigantic volcanic eruption would erase everything in its path — not in this case! Decimated by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 CE, the city was frozen in time, as a superheated blanket of ash prevented any moisture from eroding the ruins. Over 2,000 years later, Pompeii is still standing.
Explore one of the world's most remarkable archeological sites with an engrossing audio guide, and wander the eerie ruins while Mount Vesuvius looks on.
Get immersed in the astounding story of Pompeii's sudden, unfortunate end, and its discovery 1,669 years later, as a compelling audio guide narrates the city's jaw-dropping ruins while you explore. You'll be transported back in time, and into the lives of the city's residents, moments before things got heated.
Traverse the 50-hectare site and brush up on your history. Explore the ghostly ruins of old dwellings, fountains, statues, public baths, aqueducts, and the city amphitheater.
You'll also see casts of the city's inhabitants, who perished in the erupting ash cloud that blanketed the city. It's an extraordinary sight to behold. One moment they were going about their lives, the next, they were turned to cinders by a sulfurous firestorm nobody saw coming.
- Skip-the-line entrance to Pompeii
- Audio guide (available in English, Mandarin, German, French, Spanish, Italian & Russian)
- Show your digital voucher at the IBT Ticket Office to collect your paper ticket and the audio guide
- Last time to take the audio guide: 1 Apr-31 Oct, 16:00; 1 Nov-30 Mar, 13:30
- Audio guides can be rented for max. 3.5 hours (additional time available for an extra fee)
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Pompeii: Skip The Line
Explore one of the world’s best preserved archaeological sites
Pompeii & Herculaneum: Skip The Line
Visit two Roman cities destroyed by Mount Vesuvius – it's a blast!
Pompeii: Skip The Line + Bus Roundtrip from Rome
From Rome to Pompeii: a modern comfort bus for a trip into the past
Pompeii & Vesuvius: Daytrip from Rome
Explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii and climb the infamous Mount Vesuvius
Unico neo: l'audio-guida deve essere ritirata in un negozio convenzionato a qualche centinaio di metri.