Tickets for MAV - Virtual Archaeological Museum of Herculaneum
- Travel back in time and explore ancient Pompeii and Herculaneum, just before they were obliterated by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD
- See history come to life, as archaeological findings are enhanced with holograms, digital reconstructions, and virtual reality technology
- Learn all about the most catastrophic volcanic eruption of all time
The MAV (Museo Archeologico Virtuale) blends cutting-edge virtual reality technology with hands-on exhibitions to transport you back in time to 79 AD – just before the fateful eruption that destroyed Pompei and Herculaneum. History has never been so futuristic!
Just next to the real excavation sites of Herculaneum, the MAV combines ancient history with futuristic technology to bring the world of the Ancient Romans to vivid life. Over 70 multimedia installations take you on an interactive tour of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Baia, Stabiae and Capri.
With holograms and computer reconstructions you can journey through the Bourbon tunnels, marvel at the Villa of the Papyri, study Vesuvian frescoes, jostle through the Pompeii forum, and more.
It's so immersive, you won't notice how much you're learning!
- Train (Circumvesuviana) from Naples Central Station / Garibaldi Square: Train headed to Sorrento, get off at Ercolano-Scavi
- Bus: Line 157 from Naples - Parcheggio Brin, Line 255 from Naples - Carlo III Square
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the ticket desk and enjoy your visit!