Tickets for Catacombs of San Gennaro: Guided Visit
Journey into some of Italy's most historic subterranean tombs
- Discover a hidden world of Italian history, buried below the streets of Naples
- See the final resting place of Saint Januarius - the patron saint of Naples - and countless other religious figures and nobility
- Marvel at a beautifully designed tribute to the dead, with intricate stone carvings and stunningly restored frescoes
Delve into Italian history and discover the final resting place of its most revered saints and nobility. The San Gennaro Catacombs hold the remains of the patron saint of Naples, and offer a fascinating glimpse into Italian life through the ages. Travel through thousands of years of history lying just a few meters below the everyday life of Naples!
Italian society has always paid great respect to its dead, and you can feel this honor for yourself as you descend into these sacred tombs. The oldest sections date way back to the second century AD and were originally built by a local noble family before they were expanded for the growing Christian community.
Many major figures from Christianity are buried here, including Saint Agrippinus and Saint Januarius, the patron saint of Naples. With its high vaulted ceilings and expertly restored frescoes, it's an awe-inspiring (and only slightly eerie) adventure into the past!
- Guided visit of the Catacombs & Basilica of San Gennaro
- Entrance to the Catacombs of San Gaudioso & Basilica di Santa Maria della Sanità (valid for 12 months)
- Discounted entrance to the Cloister of Santa Chiara
- Redeem your smartphone voucher at the ticket office for a paper ticket
- Please make sure to be on time for your selected timeslot so you don't miss your tour!
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Metro: Line 1 to Museo + 20 minute walk
- Bus: lines 168, 178, C63, R4 to Basilica dell'Incoronata - Catacombs of San Gennaro
Manque de chance la guide débitait son baratin dans un anglais très rapide et ne s'intéressait qu'à ceux qui arrivaient à suivre ce qui n'était pas le cas de mes 7 petits enfants.
Le site est pourtant exceptionnel par son ancienneté et son iconographie
ennesimo angolo della mia città che non conoscevo e che non finisce mai di lasciarmi a bocca aperta